12

Sam's POV

"Wow, the Sarcohas are really wealthy, huh?" Yssa exclaimed in amazement.

"They hella are." I smirked.

As we approached the door, the maid greeted us and led us to the pool area for our dinner.

"So we'll be dining by the pool area." I said.

My uncle caught my attention by raising his hand and calling out to us,

"Here!" I smiled and we walked towards them,

But then I noticed that Becky's father was seated with them. I couldn't help but worry about what was going to happen, since both Yssa and I were now in a precarious situation. I wondered why Becky's father was there in the first place.

"Please take a seat, Sam," my auntie said.

"Uh, let me introduce to you, Auntie and Uncle. She's Freen's closest and only friend, as you know, Freen isn't that sociable. Her name is Yssa," I said.

Yssa extended her hand and greeted my uncle  and auntie politely, "Nice meeting you, Mr. and Ms. Sarocha."

"Nice meeting you too, Yssa, thank you for coming," Uncle replied.

"Uh by the way, this is Mr. and Ms. Armstrong, my business partners," he added.

I glanced at Mr. and Ms. Armstrong and shook their hands, stuttering a bit as I spoke,

"N-nice meeting you, Ms. and Mr. Armstrong."

I could see the surprise on Mr. Armstrong's face upon seeing me, perhaps because he didn't know that I was his business partner's niece.

"We're glad to have met you, Sam and Yssa," they exclaimed, their faces lit up with happiness.

Uncle announced, "Alright, Freen has arrived."

I glanced at Yssa and could sense her nervousness, but I knew she was also delighted to meet Uncle and Auntie.

Suddenly, Uncle spoke again, "Oh, here they are."

I turned my head to look for Freen, but my emotions turned upside down when I saw her holding hands with Becky.

--

Becky's POV

As we stepped out of the car, Freen waited for me to take her hand, well yes, I always had to make the first move.

"Just tell us where to go," Freen said curtly to the maid, who was about to guide us.

"Pool area, ma'am," she responded.

We immediately walked towards the pool, but as we arrived, I stopped in my tracks at what I saw.

"What the fuck?" I muttered to myself. I let go of Freen's hand, and we both stood there in shock.

"Shit," Freen whispered. Maybe she hadn't told Yssa about us either.

Dad, Mr. Charlie, got our attention when he spoke up, "Come here ladies, so we can eat," he said.

We sat down across from Yssa and Sam. As I accidentally caught Sam's eye, I could see the surprise, confusion, and pain in her eyes. I'm so sorry, Sam, sorry for not telling you about everything. I was just afraid.

I wish I had told her earlier, I wish I had explained everything to her even if it hurts her, 'cos what was happening now was even more painful.

I hope you won't let go of me, Sam. I don't know what I would do if you leave me.

We started eating and enjoying the food until Mr. Charlie, Dad, started the conversation,

"I invited Sam and Freen's closest friend, Yssa. Actually, I invited Becky's closest friends too, but as Becky said, they were all busy. Well, I just want to gather all of your friends to share them the news."

"I'm curious, Uncle, what news do you have for us? There seems to be something we don't know about, right, Yssa?" Sam asked, glaring at me.

Oh, no. I hope this is just a nightmare. I never saw Sam like this, to be this angry.

"Well, your cousin is marr–"

"Dad, is it really necessary to tell them? You didn't even told us that you invited them." Freen interrupted.

"Why are you so afraid, Freen? Yssa is here. Let's hear the news, especially about the ring you and Becky have," Sam said.

"Let Mr. Sarocha speak. Don't interrupt," My dad said.

"But, Dad, I think we should be the ones to do this when we're ready. Besides, we talked about doing this, so maybe Freen was just in shock," I said to my dad.

"Are you guys not happy with my surprise?" Mr. Sarocha asked.

No one answered, so I spoke up, "W-we're happy, Dad, of course."

"When did Uncle become your Dad, Becky?" Sam asked. My heart drop when she calls me by my name, she is really mad.

"When they got married. I prefer her to call me 'Dad'," Mr. Charlie replied.

"So that's the big news. Freen and Becky got married two months ago, and it's one of the reasons why my companies are running smoothly now. Becky and Freen creates amazing ideas for improving the compan–," Dad, Mr. Charlie paused when Sam interrupted.

"Sorry, Uncle, but I think we have to go," Sam said, grabbing Yssa's hand.

Freen also stood up and followed Sam and Yssa.

I could see how confused our parents were, except for my dad. He seemed to have an idea of what was happening.

"Excuse me, Dad and Mom, but I think I have to follow them," I said, standing up and running after Sam.

When I reached the parking lot, I saw Freen, Yssa, and Sam, so I immediately ran towards them.

"Let me explain, Yssa. Please, hear me out," Freen said, crying.

"I've already heard everything. Hope you know how broke my heart with your lies and cheating, Freen," Yssa replied, trying to pull away from Freen.

"No, I'm not cheating. Let me explain," Freen said, trying to hold Yssa's arms.

"I don't have time for your explanation. Let's end this. Forget the plans and the three years we had," Yssa said, turning around.

"And by the way, I never saw that ring on your finger, And I never expected Becky to steal you from me, or for you to be stealing Becky from Sam. What a plot twist!" she added before getting in the car.

"Two months is a long time for you to explain everything, but you guys didn't do anything to tell us what was happening. Yssa was so excited to be with your family at the dinner table, Freen. We're so clueless. It's breaking our hearts into pieces," Sam said.

I hold Sam's hand when she was about to turn around.

"I beg you, Sam, please don't leave me. Let me explain everything to you. Please," I pleaded as I reached out to hold her hand. As I look in her eyes, I can't stop myself from crying anymore, I just let my tears fell on my face.

"You know what, becky? this situation answers the three questions that have been bothering me. Firstly, why you never wanted me to pick you up or give you a ride home. Secondly, why I've never been invited to any of your family gatherings. And thirdly, why Freen has been ignoring me," she said with a smirk.

"And as for you, Freen, my dear cousin, I confided in you so much about Becky and how deeply I love her. I never expected you to betray me, just like what you did to Zoe. Enjoy your family dinner, you cheaters," she added before hopping into the driver's seat and driving away.

I felt my knees buckle beneath me, and I sank to the ground, crying uncontrollably. I didn't care if Freen was standing there, or if anyone was watching. I had no idea what to do anymore, or if anything could ever be okay again.