10

Becky's POV

I'm still in my room getting ready for my dinner date with Sam later. I've decided to wear my red fitted dress to look my best tonight.

As I stand in front of the mirror, I can't help but smile at how well my makeup has turned out, and how perfectly my dress, heels, and jewelry all complement each other. I feel confident and beautiful, and I'm looking forward to a wonderful evening with Sam.

"Perfect," I said to myself.

As I was getting ready to leave the condominium, I noticed Freen staring at me from the living room. I couldn't understand why she was looking at me like that.

"I'm having dinner with Sam tonight," I told her, even though I didn't feel like I owed her an explanation.

"Who's asking?" she replied before turning her attention back to the TV. She was watching Netflix, so I reached over for the remote and turned it off before leaving. You can't blame me though, Freen was so rude and annoying.

When I got downstairs, I quickly got into the taxi since I didn't have my own car. Unfortunately, my father wouldn't allow me to drive.

As I was settling into the taxi, my phone buzzed. It was Sam.

"I'm already here. Take your time, I'm willing to wait," Sam messaged me.

"I am on my way. Please wait for me, I'm coming!" I replied.

I smiled, realizing the double meaning of those messages. I would love to tell Sam that I'm coming, that I'm coming home.

I got out of the car when I arrived at the fancy restaurant and took my phone out to open the front camera. I looked at myself and thought, "Damn, I look gorgeous."

As soon as I stepped into the restaurant, my gaze was drawn to Sam, who was already sitting at our table. I smiled and made my way over to her.

As I approached the table, Sam stood up and pulled out my chair for me to sit. "You look absolutely stunning," she said with a smile.

"Thank you, so do you," I replied, feeling a blush rise to my cheeks.

As I took my seat, I noticed the table was already set with food. It looked delicious, and my stomach rumbled in anticipation.

"Shall we order some drinks?" Sam asked, looking at me expectantly.

"Sure, that sounds great," I replied, feeling a sense of excitement building within me. 

Honestly, I don't know what to say or how to act. Is this how it feels when you admit to yourself that you like someone? I can feel the butterflies in my stomach fluttering around.

"Are you okay?" Sam's tap on my shoulder brought me back to reality.

"Uh, sorry, did I surprise you?" she added.

"Uh, no. I'm just lost in thought, admiring how pretty handsome you look tonight. I told you not to be too good looking, didn't I?" I said with a smile.

"Well, I was born naturally like this. It's not my fault," she chuckled.

"Whatever, Sam." I said.

We started to eat and enjoy our meal together. The food here is really good, actually this is my favorite restaurant.

"You look absolutely stunning today." She said again.

I look at her and give her my sweetest smile. 

"Thank you." I said.

As we were enjoying our meal, a waiter approached our table with a chocolate cake. Sam looked surprised and confused.