28

Freen's POV

I woke up at 2:00 PM and noticed that Becky was not around. As I sat up, I noticed a note on the table, so I quickly grabbed it to read.

"I went out to join the employees' game. Sleep well, Freen. -Becky S."

I smiled at the note; Becky was so cute and thoughtful. She even bothered to find a pen and paper to write it.

I got up and got myself ready. I put on a white shirt and black shorts. I also wore sunglasses because it was hot outside.

"Nice," I said when I saw my reflection in the mirror. I went out of the room and saw them playing volleyball... with Becky?

Becky seemed happy playing, and I didn't even know she was good at volleyball. As for me, I was afraid of the ball because the last time I tried playing volleyball, I got hit in the face.

"What now? My wife is here. It's a sure win for us because if we lose, you'll all be fired," Becky jokingly said, and we all laughed.

I sat down on the sidelines to watch, and Becky, sweaty and tired, joined me. I handed her a towel and a bottle of water.

"Water," I said to Becky as I helped her wipe off the sweat from her face and back.

"Don't exhaust yourself too much, Becky. Being overly tired is bad for your health." I said.

"I'm not excessively tired. It's just that I haven't exercised in a while that's why I am sweating like this. Plus, I want them to treat me like just their co-worker. I don't want them to be afraid of me, especially since they're already afraid of you," she said to me. I didn't know whether to be happy or annoyed by what she said, but she was happy now, so I didn't want to ruin that.

After the game, Becky's team won. They even did some victory jumps, even though there was no prize. But I was happy to see Becky happy with our employees.

Becky approached me with a smile and said, "How about that? I'm the MVP."

I gave her a thumbs up and said, "You are so good," smiling back at her. I know my gestures were simple, but she returned the smile and sat beside me.

"They seem like they've been your employees for a long time. They're such good friends. It feels like they've been together for ages," she said.

"Yeah, actually, they've been with me from the start. Even when the company went bankrupt and we managed to recover, they stayed. That's why I don't want to replace them," I said.

"From the start?" Becky asked in surprise. Even I didn't expect them to tolerate my behavior.

"Yeah. I told them to resign because the company was about to go bankrupt, and if that happened, they might not receive their full salaries for the month. There was even a signing that took place, but look at them, they're still with me. They didn't leave me during those times," I explained.

"What's the worst thing you've ever done to them?" Becky asked me. I didn't even bother to think about it because I already knew, and it still weighed on my conscience.

I looked at Becky, unsure if I should tell her or not because she might get angry. I smiled at her and turned my gaze back to the sea, where our employees were enjoying themselves in the water.

"It was my birthday, but Yssa and I had a fight because that's when I caught her cheating on me with Zoey. I went to the company for a meeting, but my employees surprised me with balloons and cakes. Instead of blowing the candle, I threw the cake and scolded them for making a mess in the office. I don't know why I turned into a demon that day, but after an hour, I really felt sorry for what I did," I explained.

I felt my heart skip a beat because I didn't intend for that to happen, and I regretted it.

"No need to feel sorry anymore, Freen. You've made it up to them because you're not stingy when it comes to their team building. I witnessed how much you care for them," Becky reassured me with a smile.

Becky offered her hand to me and said, "Let's go for a swim. Hehe." I laughed at what she did and nodded in agreement. I was about to change clothes, but Becky dragged me into the sea, so I just went along with her.

We both wore life jackets since neither of us knew how to swim. Afterward, we swam and chatted with our employees. We had a great time during the team building, and I was happy that the games were successful. Hopefully, the next three days would be just as successful.

While in the sea, we played tag, and I don't know why but no one else attempted to catch me except for Becky.

"Whoever catches me gets $500," I jokingly said.

They all eagerly tried to catch me, and I found their reactions amusing.

"Just kidding," I said, and they laughed at their own reactions.

I knew they would have even more fun tomorrow when the jet ski and banana boat arrive. Also, They were only allowed to drink tomorrow night because I didn't want them to drink two nights in a row. So, it's preferable if they drink on the last night, and we can head home the following day after lunch.

Soon, the bell rang, signaling that it was 5:00 PM. We needed to leave by 5:00 PM because swimming at night was not allowed for safety reasons.

Becky held my hand, and we walked together.

"Let's go and change, and they're preparing dinner already," she said.

"5:00 PM? Dinner already? Isn't it early?" I asked.

"Some of them didn't have lunch earlier, and they're getting hungry from playing volleyball and swimming, so we requested an early dinner preparation. Besides, if someone gets hungry in the middle of the night, there are fridges in their rooms, and I'm sure they have food," she explained.

I didn't complain and just nodded. Becky was right. I was starting to feel hungry too, and it was the first time I realized it.

Becky entered the room ahead of me to shower and change. We only had one bathroom in our room, so I let her go first.

Unlucky she couldn't see the beauty of the sunset here. It wasn't as centered as it was in my resort, but still, a sunset is beautiful from any angle. Just like Becky.

After a while, Becky opened the door, and I quickly entered and locked it because she was only wearing a bathrobe.

"Come on, Becky, they might see you like that," I said, annoyed.

"What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" she asked.

"You're just wearing a bathrobe," I replied.

"You used to see me in a bathrobe even when you didn't pay attention to me in 2 months of living together, right?" she said with a smile.

"That was different story. There were no other people around in our condo. Please be more careful next time. I don't want others to see you like that," I said, irritated.

I didn't know if she was teasing me because she had a smile on her face.

"Okay, I'll be more careful next time," she said to me.

Tch, I didn't say anything and went straight to the bathroom to shower and change. I was really hungry.

After changing, I came out of the bathroom and saw Becky putting on makeup. Wasn't she aware that she was beautiful even without makeup?

"You look beautiful even without that," I told her as I sat on the bed next to her.

"You're lying again, Freen," she said while applying lipstick.

"How can I convince you?" I asked her, And I leaned my face closer to hers. Our faces were so close that I could feel her breath on my face again.

"Kiss m-" She couldn't finish her sentence because I kissed her, and luckily, she kissed me back.