14

Becky's POV

Upon entering the room, the nurse instructed me to wait for the doctor, to which I simply nodded before immediately heading towards Freen's bed. As she lay there, sound asleep, I couldn't help but notice that her hair was wet and her lips were pale.

"What happened to you, huh?!" I asked her, even though I knew she couldn't answer.

I sat down beside her and tried to calm myself, praying that her illness was not severe. Thankfully, Freen is breathing. 

I waited for her to wake up, but before I knew it, I had fallen asleep too.

--

Freen's POV

I woke up and immediately held my head. "It hurts," I complained. After a while, I noticed a woman sleeping beside me, sitting with her head on my bed.

I couldn't see her face, but I knew it was Becky. How did she know I was here?

As I look in my surroundings, I came to the realization that I was confined in a hospital. My last memory was of sitting down due to an intense headache, and from that point on, I was clueless about what happened next.

My attention was drawn to a sudden knock on the door and someone entering the room. I quickly closed my eyes as if I was still sleeping.

I noticed that Becky immediately stood up and spoke to the doctor.

"Can you tell me what happened to Freen, Doc?" Becky asked the doctor.

"Are you Becky? May I know your relation to Freen?" The doctor asked. 

"Uh, I'm her... friend," Becky replied.

"May I request for you to contact Freen's family? It would be preferable if they were informed about what happened to her since they are the ones responsible for her care."

"But—" Becky started to protest.

"What friend? I am your wife." I interrupted Becky.

Becky looked and ran towards me, worriedly asking, 

"Are you awake now?"

"What a ridiculous question," I retorted.

The doctor caught our attention again when she spoke. 

"Excuse me, Miss Becky, but are you really her wife?"

"Yes, Ma'am, I am Becky A. Sarocha. Here's my ID," she said, showing her ID to the doctor.

The doctor immediately opened the notebook and read them. "The patient, Freen Sarocha was possibly standing for a long time under the heat. Did you know that the temperature earlier reached 50 degrees Celsius?"

Becky turned her head and glared at me.

"And it was evident from her wet hair that she was also caught in the rain. So, maybe she was standing under the scorching heat for the whole day until it rained. This caused her to faint because it affected her entire body, and especially her head. But don't worry, she is okay now. She just needs proper rest and vitamins for her body because she hasn't eaten anything the entire day." The doctor added.

I don't know what happened next because I just closed my eyes. I could feel Becky will scold me, and I didn't like the sound of her voice.

"Wake up or should I call another caregiver to look after you?" She said.

I responded, even with my eyes closed. "Call Yssa, she knows how to take care of me... so well."

She then slapped me on the shoulder.