9

Becky's POV

After stepping out of the car, I opened the back seat and let out a sigh upon realizing the number of things I had to carry. Before I could grab my belongings, a man approached me.

"Ms. Becky, I was waiting for you. Ms. Freen told me to carry your things to your condominium," he stated.

"Oh, no thank-"

"No need to worry, Ms. Becky. I am her manservant, and it is my duty to serve you as her fiancée," he interrupted.

I felt a bit awkward, but I allowed him to do his job.

"This is it" I said to myself as I realized I was headed towards a life that wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it was something I had to do. My heart skipped a beat, I just want to run away from this life.

As I arrived at the condominium, I stepped inside with the manservant carrying all of my belongings. And to my surprise, the space was incredibly impressive. From the sleek furniture to the modern artwork adorning the walls, the place was elegantly designed.

I walked around the space, taking in the attention to detail that had gone into every aspect of the condominium. The large windows brought in natural light, making the living area feel welcoming and airy.

The kitchen was a particular highlight for me. With chic marble countertops and top-of-the-line appliances, it was clear that no expense had been spared in creating a luxurious and stylish living space.

Suddenly, Freen emerged from the bedroom, clearly displeased about something.

"Shit! There's only one room. What the fuck are they expecting us to do? Meet for one day and sleep on the same bed?!" she exclaimed.

What? Only one room? But this condominium was so spacious. I took a quick look around and confirmed that there was only one room.

Freen sat down on the couch in frustration, and I sat in front of her.

"The couch is quite soft. I'll sleep here," I suggested.

She looked at me and said,

"If my dad finds out, I'm dead. I'll sleep on the couch. You take the room."

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Don't try to argue," she replied.

I shut my mouth and immediately go to my room to arrange my clothes. Not gonna lie, Freen has a scary eyes.

This place does not feel like a home, as I find it uncomfortable to stay here. Nevertheless, I am aware that I have no other choice. I must stay for the sake of my family and the company.

Maybe I'll just lock myself in this room when I'm here. Seeing Freen makes me feel so awkward, I don't even know whether to talk to her or not.

After everything, I can hear my stomach growling, reminding me that I haven't eaten anything since breakfast and it's already 12:00 PM.

Maybe I should just order food delivery? Or should I go out and eat outside the condo? *Sigh* I thought I would be busy arranging my things for lunch, but it didn't take that long. I should have accepted Sam's offer to have lunch together. *Sigh*

I went to the living room and saw Freen hanging her artworks on the wall, and I must say, she's incredibly talented.

I just ignored her because I could still see the irritation on her face when she found out there was only one room available. She's probably annoyed with the fact that our parents rushed us, knowing that there are other units with two bedrooms available, but they still chose this one.