31

Becky's POV

I woke up in Freen's embrace. She was sound asleep, probably still intoxicated from last night. But wait, what did we do last night?!

I immediately pulled away from Freen's embrace and sat up, surprising her in the process.

"What did we do last night, Freen?" I asked her urgently.

"Don't you remember?" she asked in return, as if it was a normal thing for us. Hello?! That was our first time together! I never did that even with Sam!

"The heck, Freen? Did we just... have sex?" I asked, needing confirmation, although I remembered every detail of what we did. 

I wasn't sure if we were just drunk, but what we did was unexpected, yet I didn't feel like I needed to regret it.

She sat up and looked me in the eyes. "Didn't you like what happened? I am so sorry, Becky, I lost control..." she said, remorse evident in her eyes, probably due to my reaction.

I held her hand and gave her a reassuring smile. "I'm sorry for how I reacted, Freen. I just couldn't believe that we did that. It was unexpected, but that doesn't mean I didn't want it... or that I regret it. If it was just because of alcohol, let's order some drinks tonight," I said.

"I thought you didn't want it to happen," she said.

I held her chin and faced her towards me. I gave her a good morning kiss and smiled. "Freen..." I started.

I didn't want to go through with the divorce anymore; I was certain. I was happy with Freen, and I knew she felt the same way too. I saw how compatible and comfortable we were in each other's arms. Having her was like a dream come true. I used to dream of loving someone without complications or problems, and this was it. Having Freen was just so simple—no complications, no issues.

I snapped back to reality when Freen spoke again, "What is it, Becky?" she asked.

I wanted to tell her about my thoughts of canceling the divorce papers, but I realized I wanted it to be more special. There was a right time for that, and I promised myself to make it more memorable.

"Uh, nothing. Let's take a shower and have lunch. We overslept because we were probably too drunk last night," I said. I stood up and grabbed my bathrobe. I needed to take a shower because I didn't want us to be late even for lunch.

"I'll follow you," she said. I nodded and went straight to the bathroom.

After I finished, Freen took her turn to shower. Luckily, she didn't fall asleep again. Sometimes she tended to do that.

Once we were done with everything, we headed out. It was still 11:00 AM, just in time to not be late for lunch. We saw our employees already seated at the table; the food had just arrived.

"Here, Ma'am Becky and Ma'am Freen," one of the employees said, offering us a seat. So we sat down.

We were just enjoying the food, laughing and joking around with our employees. *Sigh* I knew I would miss this kind of bonding, but we couldn't stay here for long. We had many papers to attend to, and we needed to get back to work.

After we finished eating, we chatted for a while. Our check-out time was 12:30 PM, so we made the most of our time together, talking and enjoying each other's company.

Soon, it was time to say goodbye because we needed to go home. We had to leave early so our employees would have time to rest and be prepared to work tomorrow. Plus, we had plenty of paperwork to finish.

"Are all the belongings okay?" Freen asked as we got into her car. I nodded, assuring her that we had all our belongings in the car. The resort owner waved at us, mentioning that our next check-in would be free for up to 10 people. Freen made a good deal with her; she wasn't stingy when it came to money.