16

Freen's POV

Upon arriving at the condo, Becky immediately took me to her room where the bed was more comfortable and soft, so I could temporarily sleep there. Becky didn't have to assist me much when we entered the condominium because I was already able to stand and walk on my own.

As soon as I lay down on the bed, Becky turned on the TV and suggested, "What do you want to watch? This one is good, you should watch it."

"You asked me what I wanted to watch and then you're the one picking." I complained.

"Whatever, my taste in movies is better than yours," she said.

I didn't say anything because she was right. Well, I'm not really into movies, but when I'm bored, I'll watch anything as long as it's in the top 10 list.

"Rest if you want to, but I'll wake you up when it's time to eat because you need to take your medication," she said.

I nodded, but I wasn't going to sleep. Maybe I just needed to rest my body, and I'm sure that if I get enough rest, I'll be okay.

Becky was in the living room, and I could see her from the bedroom because the door was open. Becky intentionally left the door open so she could keep an eye on me.

I don't know why Becky is so kind to me. Since we got married, I haven't bothered to talk to her or even look her in the eye. She's a stranger to me, even though we live in the same condo. However, she didn't treat me poorly. She always makes the first move in every family gathering. I didn't even expect her to take care of me at the hospital or to be worried about me, but she did. She helped me and took care of me.

I looked at Becky and saw her sleeping with her mouth open. I knew she was tired, as she always sacrificed her sleep to make sure I was comfortable, and woke up before I did so she can prepare me some delicious breakfast.

It was already 2:00PM, and Becky still had time to rest, so I didn't want to disturb her sleep. I sat down in bed to drink a glass of water. I also get my phone to check my social media accounts, only to realize that Yssa had blocked me on all platforms.

I wanted to give up, but it was difficult to let go of someone you love, especially when the problem in the relationship was just a misunderstanding.

I decided not to think about Yssa anymore, knowing that there will be a time for us to talk and fix our misunderstandings. Thanks to Becky, my confidence in fixing whatever damage I caused in my relationship with Yssa was restored.

While scrolling through my phone, I came across Sam's Instagram story. It was about the grand opening of her friend's new club tonight, with a text that said "See you later at 8 pm."

"What's that?" I was surprised when someone suddenly spoke. I didn't even notice that she entered the room.

"You should ask for permission before coming into the room," I told her.

"This is our condo, I don't have to ask for permission. I was just curious because your expression changed," she replied.

"I just saw Sam's story. Maybe she forgot to block me on her Instagram. She's going to a club later tonight for her friend's club grand opening." I replied.

Becky immediately asked if I am now okay.

"I'm okay. Why do you ask?" I replied.

"Where is the club located? Let's go there," she said.

"But I don't think the club is the right place to talk," I told her.

"I know, but if I don't go to her now, I might not see her again. She's been ignoring me for almost a week now, and even if I go to her house, it might still be difficult for me to talk or face her," she explained.