4

Becky's POV

It's already 11 PM and I'm still by the seaside, walking aimlessly. I can't sleep even though I know I'm tired from our trip earlier. I sit down and gaze at the moon while listening to the waves crashing. It feels so good, and I feel so relaxed.

Suddenly, thoughts about our company came rushing into my mind, I took a deep breath because I really don't know what to do anymore. I'm losing hope, and no matter what idea comes to mind, I still can't seem to do anything about it.

After a while, I felt tears welling up in my eyes, and I couldn't hold them anymore. I cried and let it all out, all the heavy emotions, because I know that's the only way to lighten the burden I'm carrying.

"Why is this happening to me? I was so close to reaching the position where I can finally help my family, why does it feel like I won't be able to do it anymore?" I said to myself while sobbing. 

After a while, I was surprised when someone handed me a handkerchief, and to my amazement, it was Freen. I thought it was Sam, I was actually expecting Sam to show up.

"I saw you crying, so I approached you. My conscience would bother me if I saw you floating in the sea tomorrow." She said. 

What did she say? Is she trying to be kind or insulting me? What does she think, that I'll just kill myself after crying?

"I still love myself, I'm just tired." I said as I took the handkerchief and wiped my tears.

She sat beside me while her gaze remained fixed on the sea. It seemed like she was thinking deeply about something, which is probably why she couldn't sleep.

"They say, it can make you feel better when you speak out your problems." She said. 

"I'm a stranger, I don't know you, and for sure I can't judge you. I am willing to listen." She added. 

I looked at her and all I could see was a serious Freen gazing at the sea. I thought she was just joking, but she wasn't. I could see her willingness to listen, even though we were strangers. Well, not totally strangers but- you know. 

It's not really my thing to speak out, but why can't I stop myself now? It's like I feel so comfortable with her, and it's pushing me to speak up.

I looked back at the ocean before speaking,

"Ever since I was a child, I have dreamed of becoming the CEO of our family's company. My parents have always told me that when I grow up, it will be my responsibility to handle the business. That's why I developed a habit of reading books and watching movies about businesses. In college, I took up Business as my major, and because of my passion for becoming a businesswoman, I graduated with honors. I have always dreamed of becoming the CEO, but now that the company might be passed on to me, it is slowly declining. The company is sinking, and my parents are already planning to file for bankruptcy. I have some solutions, but it still requires a considerable amount of money. I do not know what to do anymore. My parents are already selling their properties to save the company." I said.

"It's understandable that not being able to fulfill your dream of becoming the CEO of your family's company can be heartbreaking. However, it's important to realize that sometimes things don't go as planned, and that's okay. " She said. 

I looked at her before she spoke again.

"You can still use your passion and knowledge in business to make a positive impact in other ways. You can start your own business or work for another company where you can utilize your skills and make a difference. You have gained valuable knowledge and skills from your education and previous experiences that you can apply to other endeavors. Perhaps you can start by looking for other business opportunities in your area or explore other career paths related to business that interest you. Remember that success is not just about achieving your goals; it's also about how you handle setbacks and failures." She added. 

Freen is a quiet person, but whenever she speaks, everything she says makes sense. She is damn attractive when she speaks, and although I do not usually take advice, her words made me feel better, and I had some realizations. It's not the end of the world yet.

"But if given the chance, I will do whatever it takes to save our company. My parents worked hard for it, and I know it would hurt them deeply if we lose the business." I said. 

She did not speak, and she remained staring into the distance, as if lost in thought. 

"I have a feeling that there's something bothering you as well, something that's making it difficult for you to sleep," I said. 

She looked me in the eyes, and to avoid any awkwardness, I smiled at her and said,

"They say, it can make you feel better when you speak out your problems." I said. 

"I'm a stranger, I don't know you, and for sure I can't judge you. I am willing to listen." I added. 

She returned her gaze to the ocean, and I still couldn't see any of the emotions I've been searching for earlier. Her face remained serious, and it was impossible to tell what she was feeling.

"Ever since I was a child, I have dreamt of becoming an artist. In fact, many people have appreciated my artwork, but my father did not approve of it. He wanted me to take up a business course in college, and up until now, despite my lack of interest, he made me the CEO of one of his companies," She said. 

I look at her, waiting for her to continue. 

"A year ago, we signed a one-year contract to save my company. I thought that if I didn't succeed in turning the company around, my father would take it back and I could finally pursue my dream of becoming an artist. But I was wrong. Last week, he talked to me about an arranged marriage with a girl who's good in business. He's confident that if I marry her, the company will thrive. I had neglected the company, thinking that my father would take it back, but now I have to make a tough decision." She added. 

"Can't you just refuse?" I asked.

"My father's heart is already weak. I know that if I disobey, it could put him in danger," she replied.

No wonder Freen has been staring into the distance earlier, she also has a serious problem to deal with. Choosing between her girlfriend and father is difficult, especially when you love both of them.

I hope that when Freen explains everything to Yssa, she will understand. I could see how scared Freen was of losing Yssa in her eyes.