19

Becky's POV

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, and realized it was already 7:00 AM in the morning. I sat down and looked for Freen, who was still sleeping on the floor. She didn't want to sleep beside me, so we put a foam mattress, pillow, and blanket for her to sleep on.

It's surprising that it's already 7:00 AM, and she's still not awake. Usually, she's the one who wakes up earlier than me.

I went downstairs to start cooking. I'm usually the one who cooks at home with Freen because whenever I ask her to cook, she sends chefs to our house which is uncomfortable to me. 

I opened the refrigerator, but there was only water inside. Didn't she stock up on food here? Isn't she hungry?

I didn't wake up Freen because she seemed to be in a deep sleep. So I went out alone and looked for a store, but I couldn't find any. Where can I buy food around here?

While walking along the side of the road, a car stopped beside me. The driver rolled down the window and started talking to me.

"Hello. Where are you going? Let me give you a ride," he asked.

"I'm just looking for a grocery store nearby," I replied.

I initially didn't want to pay attention to him, but he seemed nice, friendly, and approachable. He is also tall and handsome. Don't get me wrong, he's not my type, but he really had that Campus Crush vibe.

"There's no grocery store around here, but I know a place where you can buy groceries. Don't worry, I'll accompany you and take you home," he said.

I remained silent, but he insisted. I was well aware of the risks of talking to strangers and getting into their car, but it was getting late, and I still hadn't been able to buy groceries or cook.

The man stepped out of the car and opened the passenger seat, offering it to me. I hesitated for a moment, looking around, but I really couldn't spot any stores nearby. I felt like I had no other choice.

I got into the car, and the man smiled at me. I didn't know what his intentions were, but I had to take my chances. I needed to cook for Freen; she had slept on the floor for me.

"Are you from around here?" he asked while driving.

"No, I'm just here on vacation," I replied.

"Don't you want to ask me the same question?" he smirked.

"Hmm. Are you?" I asked.

"We have family gatherings here, and I got bored, so I decided to take a drive. Just enjoying the long rides until I saw you," he said.

"Ah," I responded.

"Am I making you uncomfortable? Don't worry, I'm a good person," he reassured.

"I'm just not used to talking to strangers," I told him.

He is a stranger to me, but I feel at ease in his presence. I can sense that he is a good person just by looking at his face.

"Uh, I am Emmanuel Than. And you?" he said, extending his hand for a handshake.

"I am Becky... Becky Armstrong," I replied. I know I am Becky Sarocha, but my last name will still  return to Armstrong after a year. Actually, just 7 months to go.

"Nice to meet you, Becky," he said.

"Nice to meet you too, Emmanuel," I said.

He parked the car at a grocery store. He was right, there is a grocery store here, but it's quite far if you just walk.