25

Becky's POV

"Welcome back, Ma'am Becky and Ma'am Freen," the guard greeted as we entered the company premises. All the employees returned to their respective seats. They were all afraid of Freen, who wouldn't be with her deadly stare?

As for me, I am kind, so most of the employees here are my friends. I'm not strict; I just expect them to do their job well.

Once Freen and I entered the office, she immediately sat down. I knew how tired she was from driving for three hours. Sigh, I really need to learn how to drive so that I can take over when Freen gets exhausted next time.

As I am taking a seat, Freen pushed the button on her desk. She has a button that connects directly to the kitchen. When she pushes that button, it means she has an order or a request to cook something. 

She actually offered to eat outside, but I told her it's more convenient to eat here in the office, so we don't have to travel after eating.

"We have a lot of documents to sign," I said. Freen looked at me and replied, 

"Don't pressure yourself. You're a CEO, and everyone is obligated to wait until you've signed everything." She said it seriously. I couldn't tell if she was in a bad mood or if it was just advice.

"After lunch, you should rest in the nap room. I'll take care of things here for now," she added. Yes, we have a nap room in our office.

"No, you should be the one resting because aside from lacking sleep, I know you're tired from driving," I replied.

She looked at me and smiled, "Are you sure?" she asked.

See? I know she's still sleepy. I can tell how much she wants to sleep from her eyes.

"We can both rest together. We can do the work after we've had some sleep. Besides, we haven't had breakfast yet," I suggested.

Before I could respond, there was a knock on the door, and the waiter entered, bringing menus for Freen and me.

"Good morning, Ms. Sarocha's," he greeted. He smiled at us and handed us the menus.

"You can order for me, Freen," I said, and she nodded. She's always the one who orders food for me because she knows what food is delicious.

After Freen placed our order, the waiter left, and I started speaking again.

"Why is there only one nap room in your office? Why haven't you arranged for another one for me?" I complained.

There's only one nap room in her office, and it's only for her because she's the only one here before. Not until I came, so we talked about adding another nap room, but it hasn't been done yet.

"The bed is big enough; we can just put a pillow in the middle. I don't want to sleep here in the office because I'm not comfortable, and I can't sleep well," she explained.

I wanted to suggest going home to our condo for a while, but Freen was already tired, so she needed to rest immediately. I just nodded in agreement. Besides, there's nothing wrong if we sleep side by side because we're married.

While waiting for our food, Freen and I started working on other tasks that needed our attention. We had a lot of documents to read and sign. But we didn't need to worry because the company's statistics were stable, and there were no alarms indicating a decline in our sales.

Shortly after, the waiter returned with our food. He placed the dishes on the food table, and Freen and I stood up and sat down there to eat. We were hungry because we only had coffee for breakfast.

"Sorry, you got hungry," Freen said while serving food on my plate. I smiled and replied, 

"I should be the one apologizing because I'm the one who cooks for us."

"I should be the one apologizing because you took my last name, and I'm not taking good care of you," she said.

I felt butterflies in my stomach again. Freen always manages to make me smile even when she's hungry. LOL. 

"Let's eat," I said. She smiled and nodded.

We ate in silence, and I noticed how quickly Freen finished her food. It was evident that she was hungry from the long drive.

"By the way, let's continue our work next week. We need to have a meeting today and find a nearby resort for tomorrow's team building. I've already set a meeting for 3:00 PM, so we can still rest," she said.

"But how? We have a lot of documents to sign," I replied.

"I told you, don't worry. We are the bosses," she said confidently. She's so cool though.

I nodded and smiled.

After finishing our meal, we stood up for 30 minutes. It's uncomfortable to lie down and sleep immediately after eating. After 30 minutes, Freen entered the nap room, and I followed her.

"Here," Freen said, tapping the right side of the bed. So, I lay down beside her.

The nap room was very comfortable, like a little condo with a king-size bed.

Later on, I was surprised when Freen hugged me from behind. I didn't know how to react because she had never done this before. I didn't know why her actions made me smile.

I held her hand that was wrapped around me, feeling her breath on my neck. Freen's face was so close to my neck, and I silently hoped that I smelled good because it would be embarrassing if I didn't.

"Go to sleep, Becky. We still need to find a resort for tomorrow," she said.

I nodded, "But I thought we were going to put a pillow in the middle?" I asked.

She was about to let go of the hug, but I stopped her. "It's okay, just hug me," I said.

"You complain, but you secretly want it," she teased me.

I didn't know if I could fall asleep in this position, but being hugged by Freen was the most comfortable feeling I had ever experienced. I felt safe in her arms, as if not even a mosquito could harm me.

After a while, I fell asleep.

--

I woke up, and Freen wasn't beside me. I quickly went to the office, but Freen wasn't there either. I checked the time, and it was already 3:45 PM. Freen probably had the meeting with the employees since I was still asleep.

I sat in my chair and opened my Instagram account. I received a notification that surprised me—it was a follow request from Freen's Instagram account. I accepted it and followed her back.

I just realized that Freen has many followers, but I'm the only one she follows. I felt the butterflies again.

A moment later, the door opened, and Freen entered. "You're awake," she said.

"Yes, why didn't you wake me up so we could attend the meeting together?" I asked.

"You were still sleeping, and I didn't want to disturb you," she replied. "Besides, we don't need to find a private resort for tomorrow. I've already assigned someone. Also, I received a text from Dad earlier, telling me about a family dinner later. He was trying to call you, but you are out of coverage," she added.

"I turned on airplane mode when I sleep. I don't want to be disturbed," I explained.

Later on, we went down to the parking lot as we decided to go home. We need to get ready and relaxed for our family dinner later. Besides, our assistants didn't follow up on the paperwork, so maybe we could just finish it next week.

Before we could get into the car, we noticed two women approaching us. It surprised us because... it was Sam and Yssa.

Freen immediately held my hands, reassuring me that everything is okay.