20

Becky's POV

Freen and I are having beef steak for breakfast today because it was her request. Honestly, I don't know how to cook it, but luckily, I found a tutorial on YouTube, and Freen loved it.

"I'll sleep on the floor tonight," I told her. I feel sorry for her because even in our condo, she gives up the comfortable sleeping space for me. Freen is such a gentlewoman.

"It's okay, I'm used to sleeping on the couch. It's not a problem for me," she said, so I just smiled and nodded.

I was about to clean the dishes, but Freen stopped me.

"You cook, I'll wash the dishes," she said, taking the plates from my hands.

"Wow. It feels different here at the resort, doesn't it? Why does it seem like even lifting a spoon is difficult for you back at the condo?" I asked.

"I just didn't want to talk to you back then because I felt guilty about Yssa. But I realized, in the end day, you were the one who took care of me in the hospital while Yssa was the one who betrayed me," she said.

I understand her perspective on that, but I don't think she needs to make it up to me for the care I provided her in the hospital because, according to our marriage contract, it is my responsibility to take care of her.

"You don't have to make it up to me, you know," I said as she continued to wash the dishes.

"I'm not making it up to you, I'm doing this willingly," she said.

In my entire life, it's only now that I saw Freen washing the dishes. She even actually wanted to hire a maid for our condo, but I stopped her because it's just the two of us most of the time and we're often not around. So I took on the responsibility of cleaning and cooking, which I actually enjoy.

"Let's have some fun later, wanna go jetski?" she asked as she placed the dishes in the rack.

"Yes!" I eagerly replied. Jet skiing is so much fun, especially when exploring different caves.

"It's still 11:00 AM, maybe later in the afternoon? It's still hot right now. Hmm, let's watch some movies first, and then we can go jetskiing," she suggested. I smiled and nodded.

I don't know why Freen is being so kind to me, or maybe that's just her attitude when she's comfortable with someone.

Freen and I went to the living room to rest and watch movies. I quickly turned on the TV and selected movies from the Top 10 Lists. Before I could make a choice, Freen suddenly stood up.

"Aha! I know a place," she said. She grabbed my hand and led me to the parking lot, where she opened the passenger seat and gestured for me to sit before taking the driver's seat.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Somewhere I know you can enjoy," she replied.

I remained silent and let her drive. I simply activated the car's Bluetooth to play some music.

After a while, the heat dissipated and the sky darkened. Freen then lowered the car's roof, allowing us to enjoy the cool breeze playing with our hair and skin.

"Where are we going?" I asked again.

"Just wait and see" she replied.

I didn't know where we were heading, but from Freen's facial expression, I knew we were going to have a great time. She seemed so excited, and wherever we were going, I knew we would create unforgettable memories.

When I first saw Freen, I never imagined that we could become friends or be this close. Just months ago, I saw her hugging Yssa, but life can be so unpredictable. Look at us now, it's me she's with, her wife.