15

Becky's POV

It has been two days since we are here at the hospital. We didn't go to work and instead told our parents that we went on a vacation to unwind and relax after a stressful week. We lied, as we couldn't tell them the truth about Freen's collapse while waiting for her ex to come out.

Despite my numerous attempts to reach out to Sam through messages and calls, I still haven't received a response. The feeling of not knowing what to do is becoming unbearable. However, I acknowledge that my actions have hurt Sam greatly, and therefore, I understand why she may still be ignoring me.

I am in the balcony, enjoying my cup of coffee with a cold breeze air touching my skin. The knock on the door caught my attention and saw a nurse coming in, so I walk towards her and ask her how's Freen.

"The patient is doing well now, Ma'am Becky. You can actually go home today. Just make sure she takes these medicines three times a day after meals," said the nurse as she placed a box of medicine on our table. 

"Thank you," I said. 

After the nurse left, I arranged the medicines and organized them properly. I didn't want to get confused with the medication schedule, so I sorted them out as soon as possible. By doing this, I would know exactly where to find them whenever I needed to give Freen her medicines.

I checked the time and noticed it was already 8:00 in the morning, so I quickly grabbed my phone to order some food from her favorite  restaurant. Since she always eats vegetables, I decided to order meat this time. I know she wants to complain about it, but she can't since she feels embarrassed that I'm the one taking care of her.

As soon as I finished ordering the food, I was about to go back to the balcony when Freen caught my attention by waking up. She sat down, rubbed her eyes, and yawned. 

I sat next to her and informed her of what the nurse had said. She was pleased that we would be going home, and I felt the same way since I couldn't stand the smell of the hospital. It made me feel ill.

"I need to pee." She said. 

I stood up and helped Freen to stand up as well. Even though she's fine now, her whole body is still weak, and she can't manage by herself yet. She needs to have enough restful sleep and take the medicine that the hospital gave us. Maybe tomorrow she'll be better.

When we enter the comfort room, I usually close my eyes and let her hold onto me. It's no longer awkward for us as we've gotten used to it in the past two days that she had to go to the comfort room frequently to urinate. I also suggested that she should use adult diapers, but she refused, so I didn't insist on it anymore.

After that, we left the comfort room and I asked her to sit on a chair on the kitchen side while I wiped her skin using a wet towel. After a while, my order arrived so I excused myself to Freen to go downstairs and get our food.

When I got down, I immediately saw the delivery guy, but my attention was caught by a familiar woman who came out of a condominium in front of the hospital. I followed her gaze to confirm who it was, but the delivery guy caught my attention, 

"Are you Becky A. Sarcoha, Ma'am?" he asked, and I nodded in response. He gave me the food and my eyes immediately searched for the familiar woman, but I couldn't find her anymore. Maybe I was just mistaken.

I quickly went back to our room and saw Freen on the balcony. I was surprised that she got there on her own without my help. That was definitely an improvement.

I immediately went to the balcony and gave her the large pack of food. She looked at the food before looking at me and said, 

"It's a good thing you decided to give me some meat. I thought you saw me as a goat since you always feed me with vegetables."

"You're overreacting again, Freen. Can you just eat so we can go home? Don't forget to take your medicine afterwards, okay? You need to maintain it," I reminded her.

"Psh. Whatever" She said. 

I didn't speak and just remained silent, enjoying the delicious food I had. I don't usually eat for breakfast, but since the food was so good, I ordered two meals. I handed Freen a bottle of water so she could have something to drink.

I was surprised when Freen put a slice of meat on my plate.

"What was that for?" I asked. 

"I just want to thank you for taking good care of me. You were the one who struggled with the wrong action I did, and I feel sorry for that. We both have things we're going through, and I added to the things you have to take care of." she said. 

I was so touched by her words. Freen rarely speaks, but when she does, it makes sense. I never thought she would appreciate me like that, especially since she always has a fierce expression on her face.

"You're welcome, Freen. And please don't apologize, I'm actually glad that I can be there for you in some way." I said. 

"Who would have thought that the person I confided in about my problem with arranged marriage would turn out to be the one I'm going to marry? What a twist, right?" She smirked. 

"Yeah. Destiny really knows how to play too well." I said before putting some bacon in my mouth. 

"By the way, how are you and Sam?" she asked. 

The tension suddenly became serious. I wasn't ready to talk about it, but I knew she needed to know since she was involved in the issue, and Sam is her cousin.

"She hasn't been replying since that night happened. Well, I actually understand her for ignoring me, I've hurt her a lot, especially since it seemed like I cheated on her with her cousin who I ended up marrying. But I believe that if I explain everything that happened, she will understand. I can't just let her go, and I'm even willing to marry her once the one-year contract ends." I said. 

"Sam is lucky." Freen said. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"You are strong, and I am not strong as you are. I can't hold on like that for too long. I think the best thing I can do is to let her go." she said.

"I don't think that's necessarily true, Freen," I said, trying to console her. "I think it's important to communicate with her and be honest about what's going on. Maybe there's a way to work through this together."

Freen looked at me skeptically. "But how can I face her after what I've done? I don't even know how to begin to make it right."

"I understand it won't be easy," I said, "but avoiding the situation won't make it any better. You owe it to her to at least try to make things right. And if you truly love her, you'll do whatever it takes to make it work."

Freen took a deep breath and looked down at her plate. "You're right," she said softly. "I'll try to talk to her soon and explain everything."

"Just don't stand under the scorching sun and wait for the rain outside their house, or else I'll be the one to take you down," I warned jokingly. She laughed and nodded, and it was the first time I had seen her laugh.

"Promise I won't do it again." She said. "If I will be okay tomorrow, I'll go with you to visit Sam. I also want to explain and apologize to her. After seeing Sam, I'll also go see Yssa," she said.

I nodded, "I'll go with you to visit Yssa too, I also want to explain and apologize." I said. 

After our conversation, Freen and I both felt relieved. It was the first time we had talked openly about our situation, and it felt good to have someone to share it with.