41

Finally we reached at Mr. Ruhaan's mansion which was decorated decently. The guards came and opened our doors and we went inside. We were welcomed by a lady in her fifties. But she doesn't look like one. She was pretty and gorgeous.

"Welcome!!!" She said and hugged Zaviyar and then me.

"I guess you are Mrs. Ruhaan." Zaviyar said and she nodded while smiling. She was really pretty!

"I am. But my name is Seren. You can call me Seren." She said and led us inside.

"Come sit." She said and we all sat.

"Mr. Ruhaan? Where is he?" Zaviyar asked.

"Oh! He was here only but he needed some papers so he has gone to his office. He must be coming now." She said and we nodded.

"Zaviyar! You are more handsome than I thought." She said and laughed and we both smiled.

"Thank you!" Zaviyar simply replied.

"So won't you introduce this pretty lady to me?" She said pointing at me and i got nervous. Zaviyar looked at me with love in his eyes and smiled a little.

"She is my...

"I am his friend." I said before he can complete his sentence. He glared at me.

"Oh! You are really pretty." She said adoring me.

In some moment the whole table was filled with delicacies.

"I have talked to Ruhaan he is on his way." She said and we nodded.

"Did you shift here permanently?" Zaviyar asked her.

"Yes! Actually we went to States decades ago and set up our business there. But our son stayed here. So now we finally came back to him." She explained and we nodded.

"I don't know a lot about business and all but my husband is your big fan. He likes you a lot and always wanted to work with you." She said with a smile.

"Oh! I am glad. We are also looking forward to it."

"By the way, your father. He didn't come?" She asked.

"He will! He was not coming due to some work but he messaged me that he is coming."

"That's nice." She said and we talked about different things. She was something!
Someone not easy to deal with. Someone who has a mixture of arrogance and decency.

We were talking when we heard something falling down. We looked at the direction and saw Mr. Ahmad standing there like a statue. The bouquet and a gift box were lying on the floor.

"Baba!" Zaviyar called him and we all stood up.
But it seems like Mr. Ahmad was not able to hear him. His eyes were fixed on.....her!

"A..ad..adeena." he whispered looking at Mrs. Ruhaan who has the same expression on. She was froze at her place and staring at Mr. Ahmad without blinking. Her face looked pale.

Her name is Seren than why Mr. Ahmad is calling her Adeena? And who is this Adeena?

I was confused and i looked at Zaviyar. To my surprise he had tears flowing his cheeks. He went near Mrs. Ruhaan and stood infront of her. He was staring at her with love, disappointment and longing. But Mrs. Ruhaan doesn't seem to be affected by it. She was scared and shocked.

"Mom!" He whispered and my eyes widened.

What?!!!

He tried to touch her cheeks but she jerked his hands.

"No! I am not your mother." She said and back off.

"No you are! You are my mom!" He said, his voice trembling and tears rolling down. He went to her and tried to hug her but she pushed him away.

"Shut up! Just shut up! I am not your mother." She shouted and went to Mr. Ahmad.

"You! Who gave you permission to come here? Just get out!" She said and pointed towards the door.

Mr. Ahmad was not saying anything, just staring at her.

"Zaviyar, let's go." He whispered.

"Go before my husband comes." She said gritting her teeths.

Mr. Ahmad left from there hurriedly as if he will die if he stayed any longer.

I hold Zaviyar hands but he jerked it away.

"M...mom!" He said and went to her.

"Come with me." He said holding her hands but she jerked it away.

"Please, leave from here before my husband comes. He doesn't know about you all, he will divorce me if he knew about all this." She said and joined her hands.

"But... I ...I am ..y..your son." He whispered and he was never this weak. He looked helpless.

"No! You are not my son! Jus....

She was shouting again but Zaviyar hugged her tightly.

"I...I missed yo..you. W..why did you leave m..me alone?" He cried his hurt out and i couldn't control my tears.

She again pushed him away.

" I left you because I wanted to. Now it's all over so I am not your mom. " She said frustratingly.

How can a mother do this to his own son?
My opinion about her was right. She is greedy and she only loves money. I felt more disgusted. But Zaviyar was blind in his mother's love.

"Zaviyar let's go." I said and hold his hands.

"Yes. Take him away and never come back again." She said. Her words stabbed his heart. He was staring at her with so much hope that her mother will embrace him, give him the love and care he longed for. But no! She wasn't even ready to see him.

I dragged him outside with me but he jerked my hands.

"You go! I need some time alone." He said and left from there. I immediately followed him.

"Zavi, where are you going? It's late let's go home." I said and hold his hands.

"I need some time alone." He said in low voice and kept on walking on the road in the dark night.

I can't leave him alone.

"Zavi, let's go home please." I said and hold his cheeks. He looked in my eyes directly and I could only find pain in his eyes.

"M..my home is not accepting me." He said trying hard not to cry. But tears were continuously rolling his cheeks. I can't see him like this.

"She doesn't love you Zaviyar. She is just after money." I said and he angrily jerked my hands away.

"Don't say like this to my mother. I won't tolerate it." He said and started walking again.

"Okay, i am sorry. But let's just go home. It's late." I tried to make him understand but he isn't ready to listen.

I was trying to hold him but he was pushing me away, he never did like that.

Suddenly it started raining making both of us drenched.

Assalamualaikum
Hope you like the chapter.
Do vote and comment.
💕