ᴿᵉᵒⁿᵃᵍⁱ 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬, 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞¹

𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘺 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴, 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘦
by: BBgunEnthousiast

Reo Mikage x Nagi Seishirou

𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘴 → zombie apocalypse, protective, confession, sexual tension 
𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦 → angst, fluff

Reo Mikage x Nagi Seishirou𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘴 → zombie apocalypse, protective, confession, sexual tension 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦 → angst, fluff

A regular day in the irregular new world

The apocalypse was different from your regular zombie story. There wasn't as much gore as you would expect, it wasn't even caused by some weird virus but something more... brain-wired. Some people have said that it was God's punishment of the new generation, since they are so unreligious. Other people have said that teens under 18 have not yet developed the natural shield the brain needs to ward off the electromagnetic radiation that causes the symptoms. Anyway, some big solar flare in the sun's atmosphere basically caused anyone with an underdeveloped brain to turn into a brain-dead zombie here on earth. Now I know what you're thinking: children zombies can't be that scary. You're wrong, because these zombies can be fast and aggressive. Yes, luckily if you get bitten you don't turn into one yourself, but if you get mauled by one you might meet a fate just as brutal: death. These zombies were basically killing machines, with no guilt, no remorse and no stop button. Scary shit. On top of that, the un-zombified adolescents still got affected by the solar flare in the form of long-term memory loss (or some imitation of it since lost memories are proven to return after being exposed to the right trigger).

You can probably imagine what happened to the world. Even though every single adult was left un-zombified, ¾th of the world got wiped out in the span of half a year. Not only because of the zombies, but wars broke out everywhere, there were multiple mass suicide incidents and most people simply starved inside of their homes, too scared to even move.

Now luckily since some people had actually foreseen this event, there were communities being built between premade walls and watchtowers, but there was only so much to go around. They mostly have a very strict leader and some malicious shit going on in the background, but they can also mean well.

Nagi Seishiro, a fairly tall 19 year old boy with white, fluffy hair and gray eyes got rescued by a peaceful community a while back, this one was called 'the Blue Lock' and was run by an intimidating man named Ego Jinpachi, together with his wife Anri. Nagi actually got caught in one of their traps while scavenging out alone, so he himself wouldn't call it being rescued as much as being taken hostage. Although he can't complain too much, life within the walls was safe and Nagi liked sleeping with both eyes closed. After a while his life got so normal, he even felt social pressure return, although that could have also just been Anri. Since he lived here he had to help the community, so hold a job. Nagi's skills mostly consisted of guarding and hunting which wasn't of much use within the walls, and he wasn't allowed to go on scavenging missions because he's young and thus valuable. He's terrible at socializing and insisted he didn't know how to cook, so Anri wrote him down as a nurse since it was kind of the last option. Lucky for him, he only has to come in whenever there's too many injuries and too few nurses, but that rarely happens. When it does though, he mostly just has to keep watch and check their vitals from time to time, which is a piece of cake. He also likes how quiet the hospital is, it's also the best reinforced building with the least amount of windows which makes it the safest building on the community grounds.