ᴷᵘⁿⁱᵍⁱʳⁱ 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩

𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘵 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘱
ʙʏ: ᴅʀᴇʏᴀʀꜱ

━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━

𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐈 𝐇𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐌𝐀 𝐱 𝐊𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐌𝐈 𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐔𝐊𝐄

🅵🅻🆄🅵🅵

ᵗᵃᵍˢ : ᶠⁱʳˢᵗ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿ ᴾᴼⱽ, ᶜʳᵘˢʰ, ᶜᵒˡˡᵉᵍᵉ, ᵖⁱⁿⁱⁿᵍ

You are always there.

In the afternoon, sitting in a corner, all alone. A half empty drink, ignored, in favor of the book in your hands. You stick your tongue out while reading, and you tuck your hair behind your ears every few minutes to keep it out of your way. I'm staring, but you don't ever notice because you are so focused on the world of fiction that you are currently enraptured in. I don't mind that you don't notice, because that means I can look for a few minutes longer before my name is called. Sometimes, I wonder how you can sit so perfectly still, the only things moving being your eyes and your fingers as you turn the pages.

With a group of friends, laughing around one of the larger tables. Your conversations dominate the ambience of the small coffee shop, and while that might bother some of the other patrons, I don't really mind. If anything, I wouldn't complain if I was a part of that group, participating in the playful back and forth that you and your friends always seem to have. You have a really nice smile. A really pretty laugh.

When you're not sitting around, alone or with friends, you are in line, waiting for your drink, ordering something to go. This is the only time you've ever noticed me, because it is the only time that your attention isn't on something else. It's the only time I also really get to hear your voice, because other times, you are so drowned out by the voices of those with you. Sometimes you're in front of me in line. Sometimes, you are two steps behind me. But you always give me a little smile, as if you are apologizing for invading my space by being in line, and all I want is for a moment of your time.

But it is always too early. Too late. I'm in a rush, and just picking up something before I go to work, or class, or home. You probably need to study, because you have a backpack slung over your shoulder, and I'm just forever grateful that I have never seen your or your friends in a school uniform because then at least I know you're a college student like me, and I wonder if we go to the same school or not. Probably, because as I mentioned, you are always here. Just like I'm always here. It's the closest coffee shop to the university's campus, and so those, like us, that just want to get away from the loud, over crowded cafes strategically placed between class buildings come here for an ounce of quiet.

Though, I'm not really much of a coffee drinker. I only started getting coffee when I was desperate for a shot of energy to get through the day.

I kept drinking coffee because I wanted to see you, even if you never saw me.