ᴿᵉᵒⁿᵃᵍⁱ 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝

𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥
ʙʏ: ʜᴇʏᴡʜᴀᴛᴅᴏʏᴏᴜᴍᴇᴀɴ, ᴛᴀɪᴊᴜᴊᴜʙᴇ

━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━

𝐑𝐄𝐎 𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐆𝐄 𝐱 𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐈 𝐒𝐄𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐎𝐔

🅵🅻🆄🅵🅵 / 🅻🅸🅶🅷🆃 🆂🅼🆄🆃

ᵗᵃᵍˢ : ᵇⁱʳᵗʰᵈᵃʸ, ʲᵉᵃˡᵒᵘˢʸ, ᵖⁱⁿⁱⁿᵍ, ʳᵉˡᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿˢʰⁱᵖ ᵖʳᵒᵍʳᵉˢˢⁱᵒⁿ, ᵐᵃʳʳⁱᵃᵍᵉ

eight

"What's this?"

Nagi glances sideways at his mother as she goes through his backpack, nerves pricking automatically. "What?"

She waves a piece of glossy purple cardstock. "Looks like a birthday invitation."

Nagi grimaces to himself. He'd definitely meant to throw that out before he got home but he must've forgotten. "I don't wanna go."

"You can go."

"Mom, no—"

"You can go," she repeats passively as she flips through his organizer. "Your first party and it's for Reo Mikage! You can definitely go."

Nagi sighs to himself and drags his feet out of the room, knowing he has no choice. He's never been invited to a birthday party before as he's never quite gotten on too well with his peers. They think he's odd and quiet, never approaching him. He doesn't mind this at all, getting to know people seems like unpleasant work. As does this party, but he still has no choice. He'll simply have to accept it.

"You be on your best behaviour, but I know you will," Nagi's father says from the driver's seat, glancing back at him through the rearview mirror.

Nagi glances into the gift bag he holds in his lap. "Uh huh."

His mother turns in her seat. "Are you listening?"

"Yeah."

"Be careful in the pool. You aren't a terribly strong swimmer."

"I know," Nagi exhales, attempting to move the tissue paper out of the way.

"That's for Reo," she reminds him.

He immediately pinches it shut again, a bit pressed that his parents got some kid he doesn't even know such a cool gift, being a retro Gameboy. Nagi really wants to play with it, but he knows that's rude and rudeness will not be tolerated today. They pull up in the roundabout driveway before the very large and impressive home belonging to the apparently quite rich family. He'd heard his parents discussing it, apparently these people aren't just millionaires, but billionaires. Nagi doesn't care about this, all it tells him is that he'd probably enjoy the Gameboy more.