ᴷᵘⁿⁱᵍⁱʳⁱ 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐩

miso soup
by: luxxxio

Kunigami Rensuke x Chigiri Hyouma

𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘴 → AU, college romance,
𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦 → fluff

There are not many places on campus where Kunigami can escape and actually get work done

There are not many places on campus where Kunigami can escape and actually get work done. He's the stereotypical jock, living in a frat house with a bunch of other meathead dudes. Don't get him wrong, he loves his friends, he wouldn't trade them for the world, but he's got a 12 page report to do on Modern Japanese and no willpower to do it.

So he finds himself at the library sometime around midnight, well after classes and practice and other extracurriculars have wrapped up for the day. The library is huge and quiet, which he supposes is the whole point. But more importantly, it's jock-free. Well, save for himself. He heads for the second floor, which houses all the desk spaces, and chooses a spot far from the windows. He knows himself; he'll get distracted if he can see outside. The back corner will do nicely.

Choosing a desk, he starts pulling everything out of his bag. Laptop, notebook, the reading material he won't even look at. The previously spotless desk is now covered completely and Kunigami still has no idea where to start. He sighs and opens his laptop, dropping into the chair as he unlocks the device. A movement in the corner of his eye makes him jump violently.

"Fuck," he breathes, realizing it's just another student. He hadn't noticed them before, sat at the desk across from his. The other student looks up at him with a cold expression, looking slightly annoyed. Kunigami flashes a smile and rubs the back of his neck. "Sorry, I didn't notice you there. You're so quiet."

"Mm. That's the point of the library," the student says. Kunigami looks them over, unsure what to make of them. They're dressed in chevron sweater, looks to be some sort of expensive fabric at that. He's not sure what the hell cashmere is, but maybe that. The other student has long red hair, currently clipped up at the back of their head, and equally long eyelashes. They're damn beautiful and Kunigami can't even tell if they're male or female. He supposes it doesn't matter, really. It's none of his business.

"Kunigami. Nice to meet you."

The other student eyes him, then looks to his laptop, then back up to Kunigami's face and nods before returning to their book. Weird, maybe they're not the chatting type. Kunigami respects that and settles in, quietly getting to work.

He doesn't make much progress at all, far too distracted by this stranger beside him. Maybe he should have chosen the window seat after all.

Despite how little progress he makes, Kunigami goes back to the library every night that week. And every night, his new friend is there. He's calling them his friend, despite the fact that the redhead has yet to say another word to him. Sometimes he catches their eyes lingering on him, watching him struggle with this damn report or lingering on the hot cocoa Kunigami had brought with him. That's when the idea hit him. He knew how to get the stranger to talk with him.