ᴿᵉᵒⁿᵃᵍⁱ 𝐓𝐢𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝⁴

Til the end
by: Kaiura20

Reo Mikage x Nagi Seishirou

𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘴 → AU, reincarnation, royalty
𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦 → angst

Reo Mikage x Nagi Seishirou𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘴 → AU, reincarnation, royalty𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦 → angst

"Runaway with me..."

Reo didn't know why he agreed, he knew this was reckless but when he looked into Seishiro's eyes it looked so desperate. He knew he needed to be there with Seishiro. After Reo nodded yes, Seishiro sprung into the room and started packing up all of Reo's things.

Everything went by so fast Reo didn't have a moment to stop and think and neither did Seishiro. They rushed to organize things before they realized it night fell. Seishiro draped a black cloak over Reo and helped him out of the window. It was the first time in 5 years that Reo had stepped outside the house. His legs went weak when his feet touched the ground, Seishiro caught him and held onto his weight to keep him safe. Reo gave Seishiro an apologetic smile.

"Sorry I just got a little overwhelmed"

"It's ok we can take it slow just stay behind me, ok?" Seishiro whispered. His voice was gentle but it was obvious he was agitated. Seishiro wrapped his arm around Reo's waist and guided him.

They made it past the court, luckily Reo's house is in an area in the palace that isn't heavily guarded so they could escape easily. They went to the stables and Seishiro grabbed his horse. Reo had never ridden a horse before he was scared when Seishiro jumped on- Seishiro extended his hand but Reo hesitantly reached out.

"Don't worry she's tame. I'll be holding the reins from behind you so you won't fall off"

Reo nodded and Seishiro pulled him up. Reo sat in front of Seishiro, when they first started moving he didn't like how fast they were riding so he clung onto Seishiro's shoulders and hid his face into Seishiro's chest. Seishiro steadied his hands firmly on the reins to make sure there were no accidents. His arms encompassed Reo. He told him that he needed to talk to his mother, it was her day to do laundry so she would have been by the stream today. When they got to the stream Seishiro spotted his mother hobbling across the rocks with a wooden basket full of clothes. He jumped off the horse and helped Reo down and tied the reins to the tree.

"Stay here and stay covered. I just need to talk to my mother for a while, it won't be long" Seishiro instructed. Reo nodded and Seishiro kissed Reo's forehead.

Reo watched as Seishiro talked with his mother. She looked shocked at what he was saying, she dropped the basket she was carrying and grabbed onto Seishiro's arm to steady herself.

"Mother!"

"Seishiro?! What are you doing here?"

"You need to get out of here! Someone knows about my real father, I need you to go into hiding. Go to that doctor friend of yours, for now, I'll come to get you when I can, right now I need to find somewhere for Reo" Seishiro explained frantically