ᴺᵒᵃᵐᵃʳᶜ 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐰

𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘨𝘭𝘰𝘸
ʙʏ: ᴅʀᴇʏᴀʀꜱ

━─┉┈◈❖◈┈┉─━

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂 𝐒𝐍𝐔𝐅𝐅𝐘 𝐱 𝐍𝐎𝐄𝐋 𝐍𝐎𝐀

🅵🅻🆄🅵🅵 / 🅻🅸🅶🅷🆃 🅰🅽🅶🆂🆃

ᵗᵃᵍˢ : ˢᵉˡᶠ⁻ʳᵉᶠˡᵉᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ, ⁱⁿˢᵉᶜᵘʳᵉ, ʳᵉˡᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿˢʰⁱᵖ ˢᵗʳᵘᵍᵍˡᵉˢ, ᵐᵃⁿᵍᵃ⁻ˢᵖᵒⁱˡᵉʳ

I don't deserve this .

That was the thought that plagued Marc every morning that he woke up in a bed that was not his own.

Noel's bed. The one that he now slept in more often than not, because he flew to Munich every chance he got. Every down moment... every break in his schedule. He couldn't stay away, and he knew Noel did not mind.

The extra key on his keyring had let him know that.

The security code saved into the notes of his phone so that he could sneak in while Noel was away and out of the house confirmed it.

Unfettered access to the greatest striker of their generation, and he was thankful.

Grateful for the opportunity to be with Noel like this.

To see his softer side, the one the media did not even know existed.

He got it all, freely. Willingly offered up by the other man. The terse and serious Frenchman who rarely voiced his feelings, because feelings were complicated and difficult to express and understand. But actions always spoke louder than words, and Noel was a master of subtlety, even if he denied it.

He kept spares of everything Marc needed to be comfortable, just so that he wouldn't have to lug his whole life back and forth from Turin. Shampoo and toothpaste and deodorant and every other toiletry, ready and waiting for him. Noel had even purchased a hair dryer, though he didn't need one himself with his short cropped style, but he had seen Marc use one once in a hotel years ago, and figured he might want one stashed away under the sink in Noel's bathroom. He even kept the coffee Marc preferred stashed away in a cabinet, even though he was perfectly content drinking the brand Noel purchased for himself.

Always so accommodating. Thoughtful.

Noel always provided the path of least resistance.

He made it easy to exist in his life. Easy to enter his home.

Easy to love him.

The only thing that complicated things was his own conscience.

His own guilt.

His own internal monologue screaming at him that he didn't deserve this .

Not when he had nearly destroyed his life.