ᴮᵃᶜʰⁱʳⁱⁿ 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐖𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝, 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐞⁴

And When I Wished To Hide From The World, You Found Me (And they were roommates)
by: DearMasumi

Bachira Meguru x Itoshi Rin

𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘴 → strangers to lovers, college, roommates,
𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦 → romance, fluff

Meguru was currently at the mall in the evening after his lectures for the day ended, deciding to do some shopping with the money his patrons had given for the past few months to support his channel

Meguru was currently at the mall in the evening after his lectures for the day ended, deciding to do some shopping with the money his patrons had given for the past few months to support his channel. He had just finished buying new headphones to replace his old ones, wishing to record his tracks in better quality. It wouldn't be that soon for him to get a new microphone too, but he would like to just get headphones for now to lessen the burden of paying for the apartment rent this month.

'There are lots of trending ones these days, I should catch up soon,' Meguru thought, recalling several comments requesting song covers under his latest cover. 'I can't wait to try this headphone.' He hummed silently.

The boy held the straps of the plastic bag containing the item in his hand firmly. He then made his way around the mall, deciding to spend some more of his time checking out for anything that would pique his interest.

When Meguru made his way into one of the random stores there, a gift shop, his eyes caught on a plushie placed high on several shelves above him. It was a very adorable chibi-looking owl plushie, the size was only a few centimetres bigger than Meguru palm. Its colour was dark and greenish from the top fading to a few shades darker to the bottom of the plushie.

However, what captivated the boy the most was the round pair of teal-coloured eyes of the owl plushie. Their colour was almost comparable to Rin's brighter ones.

Meguru's eyes twinkled slightly, his grin hidden behind his dark-coloured mask. He unhesitatingly reached an arm out, taking the owl plushie into his hand before making his way to the counter. His eyes also didn't miss a little bee keychain displayed on the wall among the sea of animal-themed keychains on his way to pay for the plushie, taking the item to purchase it too.

It felt pleasant and calming in some type of way. Somehow Itoshi Rin still managed to get into the spaces of Meguru's mind despite being kilometres away at the moment. Meguru also couldn't understand why he bought the plushie when he simply could've snapped a picture of it instead and sent it to the said person that the owl reminded him of.

Maybe, just maybe, in the farthest corner of Meguru's mind, he wished to give it to the boy. Although that was unlikely. It was kind of an impulsive purchase but Meguru didn't regret it, he couldn't.

'Does he even like this kind of thing?' Meguru thought, chuckling to himself at the thought of a frowning Rin. 'He would probably say he didn't want it or take it without a word.'

Being in the crowd wasn't always a problem to Meguru, he was getting better at it, even more when there was another thing ⸺or a person occupying his mind⸺ yet it could still be exhausting. To be stared at or to just mingle among the bustling crowd of strangers that Meguru wouldn't bother to care about. The mask could also be a bother during the weather like this, he only wished to go back now so that he could relax in his apartment, mask off now that he had gotten used to showing his face to Rin all the time.