ᴿⁱⁿˢᵃᵉ 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮²

Pieces of you
by: S (LunarityPrince)

Itoshi Sae x Itoshi Rin

𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘴 → hanahaki disease, its not what you think-
𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦 → angst

Itoshi Sae x Itoshi Rin𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘴 → hanahaki disease, its not what you think-𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘳𝘦 → angst

Sae hates losing. It's obvious in the way he carries himself— a flawless miracle of this country that knows no defeat, especially not with his younger brother by his side. The two monsters of their town. Both know nothing of how it is to lose. Or it should be so, there is something Sae is lacking in and Rin has him defeated there— luck. Itoshi Sae is extremely unlucky.

It comes in the form of clumsiness in daily life and not winning any of the video games that Rin gets them to play. Or rather, it's like his brother is incompetent in everything that's not football. Of course, Rin can't tell him that.

"Nii-chan look–!" Rin stops himself, suddenly remembering that his brother would probably be grumpy to find out that he had won a prize, again . Meanwhile Sae didn't win even once in his lifetime.

"What is it Rin?" Sae squints at him while biting his popsicle, all the way to the wooden stick. Rin flinches at that. He tried imitating it once and he got a brain freeze. His brother really is amazing.

"No-nothing, it's a pretty sunset isn't it?" Rin tries to spare his brother the disappointment. His Nii-chan was perfect, invincible, this was nothing really. If anything Rin found it nice to see his brother have a weakness.

"Rin you don't have an ounce of ability to appreciate nature's beauty, you football obsessed maniac." He says it like he isn't one too, that despite living in one of the most beautiful towns by the seaside, he never thought of anything there as beautiful.

Rin couldn't deny that, his brother was always right. But sometimes his words would run deeper than they appear, deeper than they should be for someone so young. At this point Rin was convinced his brother was smarter than most adults, so he couldn't blame himself for not understanding everything immediately.

Sae stops in front of him, making Rin's head bump into his chest. With a breathy laugh he looks him in the eyes, "What's wrong? Want to play some more?"

Rin shook his head, "Aren't you embarrassed sometimes?"

Sae rises his brow, already getting his fist ready to smack Rin on the side of his shoulder. "Don't think stupid things. I'm always proud to play with you." Sae looks at him with found softness in his eyes.

Rin all but melts, almost tearing up. "Me too, I admire you." He says sheepishly.

At this Sae replies, eyes lit up, "I admire you too. I always will." It's quiet, barely audible.

He reaches out, grabbing Rin's stick and seeing the winner mark his mood sours, eating the rest of Rin's popsicle by himself. "Rin, you really waste your luck uselessly." Sae says while biting on his popsicle stick.