Chapter 21

The fine, smooth hair was as soft as he thought, and when he dutifully gave it a touch, the young man looked like a pitiful little animal begging for comfort. Lu Chong thought of the old cat at home and his eyes became gentler, but his tone remained cold: "Now you finally know it's uncomfortable?"

"I knew for a long time." Luo Wencheng was quiet for a while before saying softly, "I could have endured it, but suddenly I didn't want to endure... Sir, am I your little brother who was lost?"

Lu Chong was stunned, "Why do you say that?"

"Otherwise, why do I always meet you, otherwise, how could you care about me so much?" Luo Wencheng's face was pressed against the man's stomach, and his nose was filled with the clear and comfortable smell that belonged to this man alone. He said in a hoarse voice, "I wanted to just go to sleep and not wake up again. But when I opened my eyes and saw you, I felt sad on one hand, ah, how come I still woke up, but on the other hand, I was very happy in my heart, very happy to see you again... I don't know what I'm saying, don't be angry with me, I don't know what's wrong with me."

At the end, his voice choked. He was bewildered by life, disgusted with himself and tired of all kinds of things. He also hated his passive and weak self, but life really didn't seem to have the slightest thing to look forward to, and he could only cling harder to the only light in his hand.

Lu Chong lowered his eyes to look at him, and suddenly felt a twinge of revulsion for the Luo family and Luo Wenjun in his heart. A good child, forced into this by them.

"Sir..." The door of the ward was suddenly pushed open, and Liu Weizhi was about to come in, followed by the doctor. When he saw the scene in the room, Liu Weizhi's eyes were about to fall out, and he paused for a moment before saying, "Uh, the doctor is here."

God, what was he seeing?! His master, who never liked to be touched by anyone, was holding Luo Wencheng in his arms and stroking his hair!

Luo Wencheng instantly sobered up when he heard Liu Weizhi's voice. He was seen by others as weak and begging for comfort; he suddenly felt embarrassed and hurriedly let go of Lu Chong and lay back on the pillow.

If it wasn't for the redness of his eyes, he would have looked as if nothing had happened.

Lu Chong didn't think much of it and gave way for the doctor to examine him.

The doctor asked Luo Wencheng whether he felt uncomfortable anywhere. Luo Wencheng said that he was dizzy and a little painful. He was confused and had no strength. The doctor said that he had not fully recovered, should take a good rest and not to worry.

After the doctor left, Lu Chong said to Luo Wencheng again: "Take a good rest, don't think too much. You're still so young, no matter what happens, don't joke with your life."

When had Lu Chong ever said such words of enlightenment and persuasion to anyone? And in such a soft tone? Liu Weizhi was simply amazed and looked at Luo Wencheng with an even more complex and surprised gaze.

Lu Chong said a few more words of reassurance, then added that he would come to see him again later and left with Liu Weizhi. After confirming that Luo Wencheng could not hear him, Lu Chong asked Liu Weizhi to stay and take care of Luo Wencheng.

Liu Weizhi nodded: "I rushed over here when I heard the news. All the arrangements in the hospital are made. Don't worry, sir."

"Check his grievances with the Luo family, and check the matter of him being in prison as well." For Lu Chong, Haining City was just a small place. Naturally, he would not know the family grudges of the little "richest man" here. Although he had listened to Liu Weizhi explain a few things in the bar before, he only had a rough idea.