Chapter 42

"Mr. Lu, Mr. Lu!!" Luo Wenhao shouted in disbelief. His nose was blue and his face was swollen, and with a shocked expression he looked very comical.

Lu Chong stared at him unmoved.

"You can't do this, Lu Chong! This is a society of law!" Luo Wenhao finally realised that Lu Chong was serious, and yelled in anxiety, his nerves snapping at the sight of the knife that looked incredibly sharp.

Lu Chong leaned slightly on the armrest, propping up his face with one hand, his index finger tapping against his temple as he carelessly looked at the struggling man kneeling on the floor, held by two people.

His image was lost, his self-control was gone.

That was how Luo Wencheng was held down back then.

"Do it yourself, or have both of your legs broken by my men, your choice." He calmly gave a cruel alternative.

Zhou Yishan squatted in front of Luo Wenhao and said with a smile, "Choose quickly, Young Master Luo. Master has the patience to wait, but my arm (the arm with overdeveloped muscles, often of a gamer or a computer guy) is stupidly itchy."

He was eyeing Luo Wenhao's legs with a greedy expression.

Luo Wenhao's face was pale. His whole body trembled, his struggling gradually weakened, and he stared at the knife blankly.

Zhou Yishan waved his hand, and the two men let him go. Luo Wenhao lay on the floor and gasped. Then, shivering, he stretched out his hand.

He grabbed the knife and pressed it to his arm, but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

The expression on his face kept changing. His eyes were at one moment frantic, at another hateful, then full of pain, then almost filled with tears.

He had countless images in his head of himself holding the knife and rushing up to stab Lu Chong to death, but his remaining reason told him that he couldn't do it at all, and that even if he managed to kill Lu Chong, he would never be able to walk out of here today.

It was not worth trading his life for Lu Chong's.

He took a deep breath, tried to calm down and squeezed out a flattering smile, "Mr. Lu, I was actually joking with Ah Cheng. We've been close since we were young. If you don't believe me, you can ask..."

"What a pity." Lu Chong stood up expressionlessly and gave Luo Wenhao one last look before averting his eyes and stepping past Luo Wenhao in long strides.

"Mr. Lu! Mr. Lu!" Luo Wenhao tried to hug his leg, but was dragged back by Zhou Yishan. Zhou Yishan laughed hideously: "Don't worry, Master is gone, but there is me."

A few moments later, a miserable scream resounded through the house, followed by endless howling.

The night gradually cleared and a grey-white light appeared on the horizon.

Lu Chong stood in front of the house for a long time, looking at it with slightly narrowed eyes.

Zhou Yishan walked out, wiping his hands and curling the corners of his mouth disdainfully: "The prince of Haining howled like a ghost and actually peed in his pants."

"Collect evidence of the Luo family's violations of the law. Within ten days, I want these two names to be nailed to the pillory of shame," Lu Chong said.

Zhou Yishan smiled and said, "The Luo family has reached the position they are in today, there must be a lot of dirt on their hands. Don't worry sir, it won't take ten days, I can make them stink in three days!"

Lu Chong stepped forward, "Let's go back to the hospital."

But they didn't expect that Luo Wenhao would stink so quickly.