Chapter 43

"My... illness?" Luo Wencheng paled and lowered his head. The sweet and sour apple in his mouth also felt tasteless.

Lu Chong saw him like this and sighed; he didn't want to force him, but this matter had to be discussed.

"The situation last night, you said it was an old problem. How long has it been?"

Luo Wencheng lowered his head and stared hard at the apple in the fruit plate, refusing to speak.

He... didn't want to lie to this man anymore.

The words he had thought of before last night were all lies, and now he didn't want to say them anymore.

But if he told the truth, it would be too complicated; he simply couldn't say it.

"Wencheng." Lu Chong said.

Luo Wencheng still refused to respond.

Lu Chong said slowly: "At first I thought you were a drug addict."

Luo Wencheng was stunned.

"Later, I found out that it was not the case. The onset of drug addiction is not similar to your reaction and your urine and blood tests were normal."

"I know, you are a good boy." Lu Chong touched the top of his head and continued to persuade, "But physical problems must be treated early. If you tell me, we can help you. You don't want to suffer so much pain anymore, right?"

Luo Wencheng moved his lips and then pressed them tightly. His eyes were slightly red, and he looked pitiful when he pursed his lips like this. Lu Chong's heart softened at the sight of him. With a quiet sigh, he finally took a step back: "Or do you have a stomach problem all the time? Is that just a simple stomach flu?"

Luo Wencheng's eyelashes trembled; he hesitated for a moment, nodded, and said in a small voice: "Yes, it's an old stomach problem, it's not serious, it just hurts when I'm nervous."

His eyes didn't dare to meet Lu Chong's.

Lu Chong's gaze darkened a little, and he said in a brisk tone: "That's good. I'll ask the doctor to prescribe you some stomach medicine. You have to take it on time. In the future if you feel uncomfortable, you must tell me, or you can tell the doctor. You can't just endure it, understand?"

Luo Wencheng nodded obediently.

Lu Chong asked him to take a good rest and left the ward. Before he was about to go out, there was a low voice behind him: "Sir."

"Yes?" He turned around and waited for the next words.

Luo Wencheng raised his head and looked at him for a while with a look Lu Chong couldn't understand: "Thank you."

Lu Chong smiled: "Thank me by getting well quickly."

The door closed, and Luo Wencheng sat alone in the same pose for a long time, watching the muted news on TV, indifferent.

It took a while before he thought of being discharged from the hospital.

But when he asked the doctor, the answer he got was that he had to be hospitalised for two more days of observation.

It was just a minor injury and minor surgery. There was nothing to observe. There was also a private doctor with good medical skills in the villa. Luo Wencheng felt that it was most likely because of his "stomach flu" problem.

He originally thought someone would come and take him for various tests, but no one did.

The medicine he had been given at dinner time did include stomach pills.