Chapter 73

Bruin De Lang was Professor Delang's real name, but he had never expected it to be known one day, just as he had never expected to be caught one day by a bunch of yellow monkeys.

"Tell me, who was the man who contacted you and who passed on the information to you?" This time the interrogator was Ling Su again, sitting cross-legged in his chair in the large warehouse, a blindingly bright incandescent lamp above his head. He picked up an enlarged photograph and tapped on it: "Is it this man?"

Bruin De Lang, with his hair and beard a mess, was strapped to a chair. He glanced at the man in the photograph; it was none other than Luo Wencheng.

The professor maintained the modesty and demeanour of a cultural person, a high-end scientist with merits and titles. He said in stiff Chinese: "I don't know what you are talking about. You have caught the wrong person. Are you not afraid of causing an international dispute?"

"Oops, an international dispute, I'm so scared!" Ling Su pretended to be frightened, and then sneered, "You look up to yourself too much. Believe it or not, I will sue you for stealing state secrets first? The information you received is now in the hands of a confidential department of our country, and when you received it, you used the USB flash you usually use, right? We checked it, and it was full of your stuff, papers and the like. There is a mountain of hard evidence!"

Bruin De Lang didn't understand everything. The words were too long. When the interpreter translated Ling Su's words to him, he blurted out: "My computer was stolen."

"Just lie to yourself. You don't have to worry too much. Let me tell you, that chip was only kept in the hands of the person in the picture for one night, and no one else had a chance to do it. The person who contacted you was him, right? As long as you nod, I will let you go right away," Ling Su said seductively, but Bruin De Lang continued to insist he knew nothing.

At that moment the warehouse door opened and a few more men came in.

Ling Su stood up in a hurry and bowed, "Sir."

Lu Chong entered, icy cold, followed by Luo Wencheng, who wasn't walking in on his own, but was dragged in, his hair dishevelled and his clothes rumpled. At first glance, he was in a bad situation.

Lu Chong pointed to Bruin De Lang: "Do you know this man?"

Luo Wencheng was "rudely" pushed in front of Bruin De Lang. As they stared at each other, he seemed to be about to call out "Professor" the next moment, and Bruin De Lang, seeing his intention, quickly gave him a covert glare and said first, "I don't know this man at all, I don't know anything about him, who the hell is he?"

Luo Wencheng, having received the "instructions", narrowed his eyes and turned to Lu Chong, "Sir, I have never seen this man before."

"Really? So you didn't pass that information to him?" Lu Chong said with a smile as he sat down in the chair Ling Su gave to him. But anyone who wasn't blind could see that behind that smile was the anger that could burn everything.

"I didn't pass that information."

"Who else was it if not you? I handed you the chip myself, only to have the information leaked in just that one night."

Luo Wencheng gave Ling Su a look, "Maybe someone else set me up. As you know, sir, there are quite a few people who are jealous of me getting your favour."

Ling Su sneered coldly, "Are you saying I'm behind this?"

"I didn't name any names."

Lu Chong listened to the two quarrelling, and a thoughtful look appeared on his face before he extended his hand.