Chapter 48

Luo Wencheng threw away those thoughts and walked forward with the dumplings: "Yes, another year has passed. Will you eat dumplings, sir? On New Year's Eve, there is no reunion dinner, but dumplings are always to be eaten."

Lu Chong looked up at him; his gaze was not as cold as Luo Wencheng had imagined, but somewhat warm: "Sorry, I don't have the habit of eating New Year's Eve dinner. Is the house a little too cold? You, Lao Ding and others can have a feast of your own."

Luo Wencheng smiled and said: "To celebrate the New Year or not celebrate the New Year is not about the rituals. If you want to have a good time, you can still have a good time without the rituals, but if you don't want to have a good time, even if you make everything look festive, it'll be just a lie."

He looked at Lu Chong and said, "Without you, sir, it is meaningless."

After he finished speaking, he felt that this sentence was a bit strange, as if he was blaming Lu Chong, so he quickly remedied the situation, "I haven't had a New Year's Eve dinner for years either. It's just watching and then eating a few extra dumplings."

He put the dumplings on the coffee table, "Sir, try my craftsmanship. I made these by myself."

Before Lu Chong could say anything, the big cat on his lap had already opened her eyes, propped herself up, leaned to the coffee table to sniff, and then stretched out her paws to Luo Wencheng.

Seeing that she seemed to mean she wanted him to hold her, Luo Wencheng glanced at Lu Chong. Lu Chong picked up the cat and handed her to Luo Wencheng. Luo Wencheng took Ribs and put her on his lap.

The big cat was heavy and her whole body was warm, but the place where Lu Chong held her seemed to be exceptionally warm. Luo Wencheng paused, lowered his head and picked up a dumpling to feed to the cat.

Two men and a cat ate dumplings on the terrace.

Perhaps the atmosphere was good and the dumplings tasted really good; Lu Chong's appetite was also good and most of the dumplings on the plate entered his stomach. Luo Wencheng saw that he was eating with relish, and he felt particularly satisfied.

This New Year's Eve, there were no fireworks, no sumptuous dinner and no crowded house full of people, but he felt that this was the most comfortable, happiest and beautiful New Year's Eve he had ever had.

He cuddled the big, fat, warm cat on his lap and looked at the elegant, clean man sitting beside him under the lamp, thinking that he would always remember this day, and that perhaps at the end of his life, when he remembered this scene and this man, he would not have too many regrets in his heart.

After all, he was so lucky to have met this person.

......

"What's the matter? Is there anything on my face?"

Lu Chong suddenly turned his head and asked, looking straight at Luo Wencheng, as if puzzled.

Luo Wencheng froze, only to realise that he was looking at him too obliviously.

"No..." He petted the cat to hide the discomfort of being caught in the act, "I was thinking, if only I could celebrate the New Year with you next year, sir."

"What's so good about celebrating the New Year with me? Maybe this time next year, you will sit with someone who is more funny and interesting, someone you can talk more to," Lu Chong said slowly.

Perhaps it was an illusion, but Luo Wencheng felt that he meant something by this statement.

He felt a little guilty and didn't dare to look at Lu Chong anymore.