Chapter 57

It was a week's worth of information on what Luo Wencheng had been doing, whether he had encountered any difficulties, and what his mental state was.

With one email a week, Lu Chong didn't seem to make himself look like a voyeur. He asked people to follow Luo Wencheng just to ensure his safety, so that he was not troubled by unknown dangers, poverty and unfamiliar life.

But he would read the emails very carefully every week.

Luo Wencheng was living a very fulfilling life, a very busy and hard life. The person who had never worried about food, clothing or shelter was now working hard for money every day.

Bartending, painting, cooking, all of it was hard work. Was his shoulder well enough to bear it?

And his illness, was it getting better? Or was it more serious?

Lu Chong rubbed his forehead. But in the end, as several times before, after much deliberation, he didn't interfere. However, he asked Zhou Qian to arrange for two of his men to go ahead and check the situation with Zhang Qihui.

It was good to find a relative, but if the relative was not a good one, or would bring trouble, it was advisable to be prepared.

Luo Wencheng stayed in M City for twenty days or so to save up enough money and to complete and send off his artwork for the competition, before finally setting off to leave.

When he checked out, the hotel manager was quite sad to see him go. He had spent more than 10,000 yuan on accommodation at the hotel and had a good temper, going out early and returning late. Who wouldn't like such a stable and trouble-saving customer? So when Luo Wencheng was leaving, the hotel manager also gave him a small gift.

Luo Wencheng didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. It was a very exquisite bedside glass lamp. There were two sentences written on the box: "There is always someone waiting for you to come home. There is always a light that is lit up for you."

"Heartbreaking, bro."

Luo Wencheng patted the lamp and left it on the bus.

The bus went directly to the rail station. Five hours later, at 2pm, he got off the train. This was another strange little city.

The agency didn't give Luo Wencheng a specific address, but gave him a copy of the certificate of Zhang Qihui's long-term car rental, proving that Zhang Qihui had been a taxi driver there for a long time, carrying goods and transporting people.

Luo Wencheng thought about going to this taxi company to find out the news first.

"Yongxing Town, there is still a place for one person left to Yongxing Town!"

"Is there any to Xitou Town? Going right away!"

"......"

On the small square in front of the exit, minivans and hatchbacks were parked in a mess. The owners raised their voices, enthusiastically soliciting customers. Luo Wencheng checked that he needed to change a few buses to get to Xitou Town, his destination. He was a little tired and didn't want to squeeze in the bus, and he didn't see any more regular-looking taxis within his sight.

He hesitated, choosing between staying here for one night or going to Xitou Town today. Seeing that there was still time, he walked towards one of the hatchback cars: "Xitou Town?"

"Hey, Xitou Town, get in the car and we'll go!" The owner said hurriedly.

Luo Wencheng felt that the man looked familiar at first glance, but he couldn't tell why he looked familiar. After thinking about it, he nodded to indicate that he was getting in the car. The taxi owner quickly put his drawing board in the back of the car, handling it carefully, and then came over to open the door for Luo Wencheng.