Chapter 65

Things fell to the ground with a crash.

No one dared to pick them up. Those who were hit didn't dare to say a word, did not move. The study was so quiet that only the sound of everyone's suppressed breathing could be heard.

At this moment, Lu Chong was like a ferocious beast that was ready to devour people, and no one knew who he would grab and tear apart next.

After a long time, Lu Chong closed his eyes and finally suppressed his anger, continuing: "My personal matters are not your business, and it is not your turn to interfere. I will not treat you badly if you do your own work, but if anyone messes with my people, don't blame me for being rude."

He said coldly and loudly, "Remember, this is a warning!"

Everyone nodded.

"Go back to where you came from, do what you have to do, don't say anything you shouldn't. Ling Su stays."

Ling Su was just about to take a step when he heard these words and his face turned white. He had always wanted to be able to work beside Master, just like Liu Weizhi and Zhou Yishan, but he was too inexperienced to be qualified for that. Now, it seemed that the opportunity had finally come, but he didn't feel a trace of excitement and joy.

Lu Chong stared at Ling Su, looking at him for a while before saying, "You go to the house next door. You're not allowed to set foot outside the house without my permission."

From the information he got, this Ling Su was the most hostile to Wencheng. Although that was because he felt that Wencheng had harmed him and now that he was well, this hostility should've been eliminated, Lu Chong was still unsure about Ling Su. He had to monitor him for a while.

Ling Su muttered "yes" with a white face.

Everyone went out. Lu Chong turned in his chair and closed his eyes wearily in front of the large glass window. After a while, he said to himself: "Actually, there is one thing I said wrong. I didn't hold him in the palm of my hand. I made him sad again and again. In fact, the person who hurt him the most was me, right, Ribs?"

Saying that name, Lu Chong froze for a moment and looked around his feet; there was no sign of the big cat. Yes, the big cat was gone, buried with his own hands three days ago.

And now, once again, the cat's owner was nowhere to be found.

Ding. Ding.

An old hanging clock in the study chimed twice. It was two o'clock in the afternoon.

Forty minutes to go.

Lu Chong felt that 2:40 must have some meaning. The closer he got to that time, the more panicked he felt, as if something very terrible was happening, not to him, but to Luo Wencheng. However, he could only watch time approaching minute by minute and couldn't do anything.

In one of the counties under Haining, at the maternal and child health centre of the county hospital, because of the martial law all over the city and the need to undergo strict checks when travelling, there were especially few people today, and the nurses were chatting, somewhat bored.

A middle-aged man with a gentle and elegant appearance walked in, and the triage desk nurse stood up, "Aren't you resting today, Director Li?"

"It's boring to stay at home. How many women are giving birth today?"

"Just two."

"Okay, I'll go and have a look." Director Li said with a smile and walked to his lounge.

He was the most well-known doctor at the maternal and child health centre, who also served as the hospital's vice president; but he had placed his lounge next to the delivery room, so that he could get there in time if an accident occurred.