Chapter 72

Wencheng! Wencheng!!!" Luo Wencheng stopped Lu Chong from approaching with one hand, turned away and vomited again. The nausea was so strong that he almost vomited out his whole stomach. In the end, he couldn't vomit anymore. He was still holding his knees and retching uncontrollably, tears flowing from his eyes.

Lu Chong silently patted him on the back, and when he had calmed down a bit, took the water brought by the servant: "Rinse your mouth."

Luo Wencheng took the water and gargled twice, then took a towel and wiped his face. It took him a long time to get over the nausea, and only then did he realise that Lu Chong's shoes and trouser legs had been soiled.

"I'm sorry." There was a nasal sound in his voice. His eyes were red and his whole face was flushed. He looked miserable. Lu Chong took him away from the courtyard that was being cleaned by the servant and touched his face: "Are you feeling better? I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told you this."

"It has nothing to do with you. I'm fine now, go and clean up."

"Then sit down for a while, I'll be down soon." Lu Chong looked at him and admonished anxiously.

"I'm fine, go ahead." Luo Wencheng watched Lu Chong go upstairs and sat dumbly on the sofa, still a bit in a daze. Only after a while did he realise that he had a bit of filth on his clothes as well and that he didn't smell right.

He went upstairs to his room to take a shower.

The old mansion covered a large area but didn't have many floors. Only the main building had two floors, and there were only two rooms on the second floor. Originally it was a master bedroom and a study, both belonging to the head of the Lu family, that is, Lu Chong. But later Lu Chong converted the study into a bedroom for Luo Wencheng, and the study was moved downstairs.

Lu Chong quickly tidied himself up and went downstairs but saw no one, so he panicked: "Where is he?"

The servant replied, "Mr. Luo has gone to his room."

Lu Chong went back and knocked on Luo Wencheng's door. It was unlocked. He pushed the door and heard the sound of rushing water from the bathroom.

He breathed a sigh of relief. It seemed that he had been in this kind of situation of gains and losses for a long time, fearing that if he didn't watch constantly, Luo Wencheng would disappear again.

He was leaning against the wall facing the bathroom door and had time to think. Luo Wencheng's reaction was very strange. He was not a squeamish person, so he wouldn't vomit like that when he heard those few words. His reaction was very much like...

In the bathroom, Luo Wencheng turned off the water and came to the mirror, propped both hands on the sink and looked at himself in the mirror, water dripping down his wet hair. He looked at his fair, intact skin, but those images from his previous life kept flashing in his mind like snapshots.

The nausea that he had felt a moment ago had gone. He wasn't too sick to throw up again and again over some bugs, but those images were more vivid than ever. He even had the illusion of countless worms crawling all over him.

He could even conjure up that picture of white worms crawling out of his own flesh.

He wiped his face and scratched his hair, his whole being in chaos and confusion. He was conscious of the fact that he was in the wrong state; if he found out about it when he was at his most normal, he would not have reacted so badly. But now, he simply couldn't control himself, fantasising in the most extreme direction.

He wanted to kill someone!

He was going to go mad!

"Ah!!!" He swept the items off the sink counter with one hand.