Chapter 60

After getting off the plane, he got into the car and rushed back as quickly as possible. Before dark, Luo Wencheng came to the three-storey villa again.

He walked in quickly. The man he hadn't seen for four months hadn't changed much, but the cat in his arms had changed a lot.

The original shiny and smooth fur had fallen out, revealing pieces of skin here and there; the original fat body was deflated, as if there was only a skeleton and some skin left.

Luo Wencheng was stunned.

He didn't even care to look at Lu Chong, his attention was all on the big cat, and when Lu Chong walked towards him, he naturally took the cat from his arms.

"Ribs, I'm back, Ribs." In his hands, the cat was light and bony, and her eyes were weak and tired, with little energy.

Luo Wencheng remembered that when he first came here, this big cat pounced on him on the stairs and grabbed his face with fierce energy, and then spinned around him, lively and active, lazily and nimbly dragging her fat belly. Tears fell from his eyes.

He raised his arms, rubbed his face against the big cat, and said in a trembling voice: "Ribs, open your eyes and see who's back, didn't you want to see me?"

The cat raised her eyelids and licked Luo Wencheng's chin: "Meow..."

"Ribs." Luo Wencheng kissed her.

"Meow..." The big cat licked him.

"Ribs."

"Mee...."

Lu Chong watched as one man and one cat kissed each other, and warmth gradually rose from the bottom of his eyes.

When the two of them had had enough of making out, they sat down on the sofa. Luo Wencheng hugged the cat and asked, "How long has Ribs been like this?"

"About half a month now." Lu Chong looked at the cat who had closed her eyes again in Luo Wencheng's arms after the moment of affection had passed, and was panting hard, "At first she just shed some fur, didn't move around much and had little appetite. But yesterday she suddenly became active, always going to your room, sniffing and meowing, looking for you everywhere, and not letting anyone take her away."

Luo Wencheng's eyes were a little red again, and he cautiously touched the big cat: "Is there no way?"

Lu Chong looked at the cat and said in a low voice, "It's time."

Luo Wencheng lowered his head and buried his face in the sparse cat fur, unable to control his expression.

He thought he was calm enough to face death with a straight face, but at this moment, because of the imminent departure of the cat, he still felt uncontrollable heartache.

Luo Wencheng was almost inseparable from Ribs, holding the cat wherever he went and whatever he did, and the big cat seemed to have completely forgotten her owner and would meow and yell if Luo Wencheng was away for a short while.

For dinner that day, she ate a little more. She slept next to Luo Wencheng at night very peacefully. The next day, she was in good spirits and lay in Luo Wencheng's arms, kneading him with her paws and playing with him.

However, in the afternoon, her spirits quickly waned.

The sun was still high at that time. Luo Wencheng was sitting on the carpet in the patio with Ribs in his arms. The sun shone brightly on them. He felt that the cat in his arms that was quite active just now was slowly moving less and less, and her limbs were softening little by little.

Luo Wencheng realised something and met Lu Chong's gaze.

There was no need to say anything. The two saw the same emotion in each other's eyes. Lu Chong stretched out his hand and gently placed it on the top of the big cat's head, rubbing it with his thumb tenderly.