Chapter 51

Luo Wencheng thought, this must be the most subtle and tactful rejection he had ever heard.

He thought again that Lu Chong's perceptiveness was simply terrifying; the man had seen through his mind even though he revealed only a little bit of it.

At the same time, Lu Chong's decisiveness was terrifying as well. As soon as Luo Wencheng showed a little bit of intention, Lu Chong immediately rejected him. And he even took care of his face and didn't say it directly, he went around in such a big circle.

Should I say he was heartless, or should I thank him for his thoughtfulness?

Luo Wencheng thought about a lot of things for a while.

He thought about the past, the future, his struggles, his hesitation, his wanderings, the torment he had gone through, and how all of that was wiped away by Lu Chong's decisive hand.

There was only one path left in front of him.

This was also good.

This path was also good.

Luo Wencheng repeated this to himself twice in his heart. As if completely exhausted all of a sudden, he blinked, feeling that the sun was a little too dazzling, making him dizzy. He slowly lowered his head, not daring to move too fast or too much, afraid that something would run out of his eyes.

"Is there any misunderstanding? You're so good, sir, how could he not come back? Or, was he delayed by something, or..."

He clumsily, subconsciously tried to find something to say to relieve the awkward, suffocating, helpless emotions. As he said that, his heart ached for Lu Chong.

He felt sorry for Lu Chong.

Lu Chong was so good; he kept looking for that man for so many years, waiting for him for so many years. Why wasn't that man willing to show up?

How could he not show up, just making one wait for him like that?

It was so pitiful.

What a pity.

Such a good year.

Such a good man.

Such a good man but he had to look for that person year after year, he was lonely, he couldn't even get lively for the New Year. He lived alone in a big house with only one cat with him. That cat was also old and dying...

The pain in Luo Wencheng's chest was almost suffocating.

Luo Wencheng looked at the ground and murmured, "Have you looked for him everywhere? What about the search notices, what about the advertisements? What's his name, what does he look like, where did he go to school, how old is he, maybe I can help look for him..."

Lu Chong stood there and looked at him. For a moment, he almost wanted to step forward and hug the young man, but he restrained himself after all.

He couldn't do that anymore, couldn't give more false hints.

Lu Chong didn't know when something between the two of them began to become different, and when he noticed it, it seemed too late.

Luo Wencheng was still young and had too much dependence on him, who helped him and saved him, so that it was normal to have a wrong perception of the relationship between them; it was he himself who did the wrong thing.

But it was impossible for him to be indifferent either, especially when the Luo family's trash was pressing step by step and Luo Wencheng needed him; otherwise, with this child's sensitivity, stubbornness and even hidden extremes, it was almost impossible to predict how the situation would develop.