Chapter 49

In the end, Luo Wencheng received court apologies from Han Ying, Zhao Jianping and Zhang Dong, as well as certain financial compensation. He seemed to have finally gotten rid of the knot in his heart, and his whole body relaxed.

Since he was reborn in the late autumn of last year to the end of March this year, it had been less than half a year. The things that were originally scheduled to be completed within a year were all over, and it was so easy.

All he had to do was to use a bitter ploy and pretend to be pitiful, and he didn't even need to do those things he thought about. Everything ended successfully according to his wishes.

When he saw Luo Wenjun being escorted out of the courtroom, he smiled faintly at him with vicious eyes and turned to look at Lu Chong beside him.

Lu Chong didn't look at Luo Wenjun at all, but said to Luo Wencheng, "Let's go home."

Luo Wencheng felt a lot of emotions in his heart for a while.

In his previous life, Lu Chong stood behind Luo Wenjun, so Luo Wenjun became a winner in life, and he ended miserably.

In this life, he gained Lu Chong's trust and help one step ahead, and the ending of him and Luo Wenjun completely changed.

Before he met Lu Chong, he always thought that Lu Chong and Luo Wenjun had a certain relationship, but after getting to know this man, he felt that the reason why Luo Wenjun was able to get Lu Chong as a backer in his previous life was probably because he, like Luo Wencheng himself, used bitter ploys.

He could pretend to be pitiful and weak, and Luo Wenjun could naturally do the same. As long as he got Lu Chong's trust and goodwill, and roughly understood his character, it was not difficult to attack him step by step.

As for Luo Wenjun's process of dealing with him, whether it was Lu Chong who helped him the same as he helped him to deal with Luo Wenjun today, or whether it was simply Luo Wenjun's fox exploiting the tiger's might (using powerful connections to intimidate people), Luo Wencheng didn't know, and he didn't want to think about it.

He believed it was the latter, but it was impossible for him to go back to his previous life to find out the truth, let alone catch Luo Wenjun or Lu Chong and ask clearly.

He only knew that this time, Lu Chong, who he met first, Lu Chong, who he caught first, was so kind to him, giving him the protection and care that no one else in this world could possibly give him.

As they walked out of the courthouse, Han Ying caught up with them: "Mr. Lu." She said with some fear, "Thank you, Mr. Lu."

Lu Chong: "No need."

Han Ying looked at Luo Wencheng with a complicated gaze: "Wencheng, can I have a few words with you alone?"

Luo Wencheng was taken aback for a moment, nodded and said, "Yes."

The two walked aside, and Han Ying said in a low voice: "I'm really sorry for those three years."

Luo Wencheng said: "In fact, you don't have to apologise to me. I do have part of the responsibility for this matter. Those three years in prison were not completely unjust."

Han Ying looked into his calm and indifferent eyes and couldn't help but say, "You... have really changed a lot."

"After so much experience, you always have to grow up." Luo Wencheng's gaze fell on her missing leg, "For this matter, in fact, I'm the one who needs to apologise to you."

Han Ying followed his gaze and smiled bitterly: "It has nothing to do with you. After I was hit, Luo Wenjun wasn't satisfied and tampered with my medicine."