Chapter 63

In the early hours of the morning, at the same private hospital, the operation had been going on for seven hours.

The hospital had been blocked by Liu Weizhi inside and outside. Except for the necessary medical staff, all the others had been cleared and all the patients had been transferred to other hospitals. Liu Weizhi used all his forces in Haining to ensure the absolute safety of the hospital.

Liu Weizhi was busy with the things outside, his phone kept ringing, and he had to deal with the people in Haining who had heard the news, so he was physically and mentally exhausted after just ten hours.

When he had finished his work, he returned to the surgery room and sat down on the chair. His fat body collapsed, his face full of fatigue, gloom and worry.

At this moment, footsteps sounded from the other end of the corridor. He looked up, saw his two familiar partners and sighed: "There you are."

The visitors were none other than Zhou Yishan and Lao Ding, who had rushed over from Beijing. They were dusty and anxious, asking sharply as soon as they saw Liu Weizhi, "Where's Master?"

"He's still in surgery."

"How is the situation?" Lao Ding asked.

Liu Weizhi shook his head, "Seven hours, several resuscitations, the operation was interrupted several times. We don't know the details yet."

"Shit, who did this!" Zhou Yishan wanted to kill someone in anger but had no target, so he yanked Liu Weizhi's collar, "Is this how you protect Master?"

Lao Ding stopped him and told him to calm down. Liu Weizhi broke free and said blankly: "The truck driver died on the spot. It is very difficult to investigate. I can't be distracted now, so I called you over."

Lao Ding said calmly, "We definitely need to investigate, but that's not the point right now. What matters most now is Master's condition. Also, we got your news and rushed over immediately, but other people will surely get the news too and they will come over soon."

Thinking about those, Liu Weizhi frowned.

There were many capable people under Master, and the three of them belonged to the earliest group, were the closest to Master and had a good relationship with each other. There were also some who were promoted later, and there were also some old people left behind by Master's father.

There was no doubt about their loyalty, but they were not particularly harmonious with each other. When Master was around, he was naturally able to keep them under control, but now, in this situation, no one would obey anyone, no one would trust anyone, and it would be difficult to work together.

Although when Master came to Haining, he had already arranged their positions for everyone, if something were to happen to Master now, if he was killed and died, it would be completely different from him retiring peacefully. It would be simply impossible to have a smooth handover.

In addition, there were people from the Lu family, which was another camp. They did not share the same interests as Master, but were related by blood and had the right to inherit, or at least they had the right to claim the properties Master had inherited from his father. But after all these years, it was difficult to fully clarify which properties had come from where. In any case, those people would take advantage of the opportunity to bite hard in case something happened to Master.

"We have to prepare for the worst." Lao Ding said, "At the time of Master's accident, you were the only one by his side. If someone decides to use it and unite against you, the situation will be very bad. They might even claim that you were an accomplice to Master's death or a traitor, and manipulate it to increase their own prestige."