Chapter 75

In the first half of this year, Liu Lifu went abroad and met with Bruin De Lang. At that time, the latter proudly boasted about his latest project. He did not say Luo Wencheng's name, but vaguely mentioned him being from Haining and having a big background. This time it was Luo Wencheng who came to Liu Lifu. Liu Lifu combined various information with his own judgement and naturally strung everything together.

He knew that Luo Wencheng had been brainwashed by both drugs and hypnosis, and that something had been buried in his heart. The controller was in Bruin De Lang's hands, and as soon as the button was pressed, Luo Wencheng would die.

He was now trying to get his hands on that controller.

His old friend valued Luo Wencheng as an experimental subject and was prepared to observe him for at least three years. He didn't want Luo Wencheng to die now. But what harm would there be if Bruin De Lang let his experimental subject do some extra things for Liu Lifu while being observed as long as Liu Lifu controlled Luo Wencheng's life and death?

This was what Liu Lifu called control. He was not going to get Luo Wen to acknowledge himself as his master, that would be too much trouble, and his old friend would never agree to it.

Bruin De Lang's contact was not in Beijing. Liu Lifu had been in contact with that person before. The most he could do was to go on another business trip, which would take some time to arrange, but that didn't mean that he had to make the contact himself. If Bruin De Lang got impulsive and ordered Luo Wencheng to go there, he would be able to achieve his goal, but then the cute little pawn would be ruined and Bruin De Lang's project would also be exposed to his boss in advance.

So based on all this, Liu Lifu was confident that his old friend would accede to his little request.

And so he did.

Despite his displeasure, Bruin De Lang wrote down in a coded message about the place where the controller was hidden in the note he sent with Luo Wencheng in reply.

It was abroad in one of his private houses. No one knew that the house belonged to him, and the access code was also given.

Liu Lifu immediately arranged for someone to go and get it.

He was also a very cautious man and knew that Bruin De Lang was being investigated, so he arranged for someone who was not at all related to him on the surface.

But who knew Lu Chong had been dead set on him for a long time?

As soon as the man picked up the thing, he was robbed in the next second.

In fact, Lu Chong didn't know what Liu Lifu had gone to such great lengths to loot from Bruin De Lang. After all, who would have thought that Liu Lifu would even think of going after Luo Wencheng. But Lu Chong's intuition told him that the item was important, so he just grabbed it.

His intuition proved to be right.

This thing was Luo Wencheng's life.

"No way, we set up such a big game, we tried so hard to get it, and we got it just like this?" Luo Wencheng was only informed about it after the item arrived, and when he looked at the inconspicuous, black object lying in the small box in front of him, just like an air conditioner remote control, he felt simply a little incredulous.

Lu Chong cautiously didn't touch the thing. There was only one red button on it. It was a stop button. Once you pressed it, everything was over.

"This should be the right one. I had Director Li identify it. He had seen it in the hands of Bruin De Lang in the basement of the hospital."

"Is there only one?"

"I don't know. It was the only one he ever produced in Haining."

Luo Wencheng did not speak for a long time. After a while he looked up at Lu Chong and asked, somewhat bewildered, "So it's all over, isn't it?"