Chapter 76

There was indeed only one controller. After several hypnosis sessions, Bruin De Lang was on the verge of a mental breakdown, but his answers were the same.

Luo Wencheng said he wanted to see Bruin De Lang for the last time.

Bruin De Lang himself was very sensitive to hypnosis and resisted strongly when he was hypnotised, so now he looked broken and haggard, both physically and mentally. But he was still looking forward to the day when he would be rescued, convinced that his big boss was on his way to send help.

But instead it was Luo Wencheng who came.

"You're here. Is there any news yet? Why hasn't anyone come to rescue me?" Bruin De Lang squinted at Luo Wencheng for a moment before he recognised him, "Quickly, get me out of here!"

In this hellhole, where at first he had been beaten and interrogated every day, but lately no one came, it was dark, there was no sound, nothing could be seen, no messages had come in for ages, everyone seemed to have forgotten him. He had waited and waited and waited, and waited, and waited until he was going mad.

"No one will come to save you." Luo Wencheng said indifferently, "Your boss has given up on you."

"No way! I've made him so much money, my brain is what he values most!" Bruin De Lang roared, and suddenly he reacted by pointing at Luo Wencheng, "You..."

"Your brain? Is it great? If you really had the ability, how could you not see that I was pretending?" Luo Wencheng chuckled, "Those drugs of yours, ah, they didn't work on me at all. What you've been working on is actually rubbish, isn't it?"

"No! No way!" Bruin De Lang was stunned, "Pretending, how could you be pretending?!"

"You think you're high above, manipulating people's health and their lives, when in fact you're a clown, being played for a fool without even knowing it. You think you're a genius, when in fact you're nothing. You think you're so important that you'll never be given up on, but in fact, you're simply dispensable. Why else do you think the big boss didn't come to your rescue?"

Luo Wencheng stabbed him with his words, watching the old yellow-haired man rant in anger, shame, resentment and self-doubt, questioning loudly.

Being played with, teased and ridiculed by the experimental subject that he thought was firmly under his control; Bruin De Lang's self-esteem and self-confidence couldn't accept such a blow. He was already emotionally unstable, and he was somewhat crazy at this moment.

In the midst of his madness, someone pressed him down and poured a handful of pills into his mouth. It was the medicine he had given to Luo Wencheng. Because he thought that Luo Wencheng was a successful experiment, he made another batch of the drug in his laboratory abroad. Naturally it was all seized and destroyed, but Lu Chong got a bottle in advance.

Bruin De Lang was fed half a bottle at once, and his body on the floor was twitching, in a wretched state. Luo Wencheng had seen enough, so he turned and left the warehouse.

Afterwards he heard that Bruin De Lang had become an idiot, and then a few days later he was paralysed.

When he had been testing this drug, he had turned many people into idiots and made them suffer from paralysis, and even killed many people. And now he had finally gotten a taste of that too.

It was said that Director Li, Zhang Qingsong and Liu Lifu had ended up in the same way. The three of them had shared most of the remaining medicine in the bottle. Lu Chong mentioned it, saying that even though those three were stupid now, they still couldn't escape the punishment.

At this point, all four people who knew that Luo Wencheng had been an experimental subject were dealt with.

The big case was put together and broadcast as a counter-terrorism special operation, which created an international strom, especially since the heinous human experiments were involved, causing widespread debates both at home and abroad. One by one, Bruin De Lang's past and present laboratories were unearthed, and with them local investigations started into how many people had gone missing, or how many had died strangely, or how many hastily buried corpses had been found along with the investigation.