Chapter 31

The eyes of many spectators focused on Luo Wencheng, and then, when they clearly saw the party concerned, everyone went silent for a while.

Was this elegant handsome looking young man really Luo Wencheng?

The well-cut suit, the polite demeanour, the calm and distinctive temperament were so different from the Luo Wencheng they knew.

Everyone looked at him, and then at Luo Wenjun, who was hiding behind Luo Kaifang.

Luo Wenjun was also dressed decently today, but that playful white tuxedo worn on his too slender and short figure made him look like a child dressed as a man. He was dainty and cute but style? What style?

Luo Wencheng didn't seem to notice these glances and there was no change in his expression as he followed Lu Chong into the house.

The Luo family's house was huge. All the original furniture in the hall had been removed and replaced with long dining tables, sofas, chairs and so on. All kinds of food and wine were freely available, and flowers and other decorations were just right. Soothing music was playing. It could be seen that a lot of thought was put into it.

After coming in, Luo Kaifang, the host, lifted his wine glass and said to Lu Chong: "I heard the famous name of Lu Jiuye for a long time but I didn't expect to see you with my own eyes. You're really more impressive than the legend. I am here to represent the Haining people and say welcome to Lu Jiuye."

Everyone hurriedly moved their minds away from the Luo family's dispute and lifted their glasses in response, looking at Lu Chong with eagerness, in awe or curiously.

Lu Chong said lightly: "I came to Haining to do business. What Jiuye this, Jiuye that? Those who don't know might think I'm doing something shady for a living. Old Mr. Luo is too polite."

Luo Kaifang's smile stagnated.

Someone laughed unkindly.

This was really an ass-kissing that went wrong. Luo Kaifang probably didn't expect the other party to be so disrespectful that his first sentence would be a cold rejection.

And what about "old"? Luo Kaifang, who had always struggled to look younger, was openly called "Old Mr. Luo" on such an occasion and couldn't refute it...

The people present were either wealthy businessmen or certain officials; this reception was attended by half of Haining's notables, so why should Luo Kaifang be qualified to "represent" them?

Seeing Luo Kaifang deflated, many people were happy. They hurriedly took advantage of this opportunity to toast Lu Chong and ask him what business he was going to do in Haining.

A smile appeared at the corner of Lu Chong's mouth: "I took a fancy to a piece of land. I want to build an amusement park."

"......" The man who asked thought he was joking, but seized the topic to talk to Lu Chong enthusiastically.

In a moment, Lu Chong was surrounded and calmly coped with the flattery and compliments thrown at him by everyone.

Someone searched for the way to approach him and turned to look at Luo Wencheng, as if not recognising him: "By the way, who is this?"

The smile on Lu Chong's face became real for a moment: "A young kid, following me around to learn."

He turned his head and said to Luo Wencheng: "If you feel bored, go eat something. We'll be able to leave in a while."

Luo Wencheng glanced at him and smiled: "Okay."

He got up and got a glass of juice, and immediately several young people came over and said, "Luo Wencheng, now that you're doing so well, don't forget your brothers."