Chapter 67

Maternal and Child Health Centre.

Underground laboratory.

Luo Wencheng has been trapped here for more than two months.

When he came out of his fifteen-year-old memories, his consciousness returned to his current body, but he was still very weak and even rarely awake.

The system told him that this was because he was already dead, and the treatment that Fang Bude, that is, Professor Delang, had given him to save him was a small device implanted in his heart. It was an experimental stage thing, so it caused him to be in an unstable state of health.

When Luo Wencheng asked what the madman was trying to do to him to go to such lengths to revive him, the system told him what Professor Delang was planning and added, "Don't worry, these methods of his will not work on you."

If Professor Delang's methods were above the level of this society, then the system's methods were completely above the level of the civilised world. Luo Wencheng's emotions had been drained by the system, so how could a half-assed old professor do anything to him in this regard?

The only thing he could do now was to mess with Luo Wencheng's body.

However, if he found out that Luo Wencheng was not under his control at all, not to mention being a perfect experimental subject, and not responding to any of his methods, Professor Delang would definitely give up on Luo Wencheng, and then Luo Wencheng could only die.

So Luo Wencheng had to pretend, pretend to be what the old man wanted him to be. During this time, once he was in better shape, the other side would pull him in for tests.

He would put VR glasses on Luo Wencheng, showing all kinds of happy, sad, tragic, terrifying scenes with various extreme stimuli to check his reaction.

In Luo Wencheng's current state, he couldn't feel any emotions about the outside world, so he should have been completely indifferent, and he was indifferent indeed.

Sometimes Professor Delang would make him stand or sit there for a whole day. Emotionless and unable to feel discontent, Luo Wencheng would only feel hunger and fatigue, but at this time he was also supposed to be unable to express himself, so he often fainted when his body reached its limit.

Later on, Professor Delang would also bring him pictures of people Luo Wencheng knew, Luo Wenhao, Luo Wenjun, his university classmates, Wei Xingheng and Lu Chong.

When Luo Wencheng saw them, his brain waves remained unchanged, but if Professor Delang pointed to a photo and asked him to say who it was, he could say exactly who it was.

Day after day, with nothing but reflexes and instincts, Luo Wencheng became more and more like a robot.

Finally, one day, Professor Delang declared the experiment a success. He brought in a hypnotist to hypnotise Luo Wencheng for the final time.

Luo Wencheng's consciousness was pulled out of his body again by the system, and he watched indifferently as the hypnotist below him instilled in him the words "you must obey all of Professor Delang's commands", "Professor Delang is your master, your god, your everything", and "your life belong to Professor Delang". It was like watching a clown perform.

When it was all over and Luo Wencheng was back in his body again, he heard the cold, icy voice of the system say, "I can only help you so far. This is the beginning of your new life. From now on it is up to you. You must remember that your current body is only temporarily maintaining normal functions. If you want to live for a long time, you must rely on the means of the other party."

Luo Wencheng had to continue living by the same means he was resurrected.

For example, the first time he died, it was the system that used its energy to save him. That time, the system's energy was nearly depleted at the cost of him being stripped of his memories and continuing to live according to his proper destiny path until he died.