Chapter 50

Why do people have attachments?"

The bitter and painful question made Lu Chong's heart stagnate. He looked down at the young man leaning on him with complicated eyes.

The young man's hand was clenching the hem of his clothes so hard that his phalanges turned white and his veins were clearly visible.

Lu Chong could clearly feel his fragility and need at the moment.

He vaguely realised that something was out of control. No, not vaguely, but for sure.

He lowered his eyes and pressed slightly with his palm but in the end he didn't push the person in his arms away.

Two men hugged not far from the gate of the court, soon attracting a lot of attention, both explicit and implicit.

Lu Chong didn't care about that, but Luo Wencheng gradually calmed down and found himself leaning into Lu Chong's arms. The two of them were almost glued together. He hurriedly took a step back and said shyly, "Sir, I'm sorry."

Lu Chong was about to say something when Zhou Yishan, who had been waiting for a long time, finally found a chance to come up and speak: "Sir, there is a call from Beicheng..."

Then Luo Wencheng saw Lu Chong's face change a little. It was not that it turned solemn in a big way, but it was like immediately entering a state of taking it seriously, giving a priority to the important matter. If Lu Chong had at least seventy or eighty percent of his mind on Luo Wencheng before, when Zhou Yihan said that, those percent were taken away completely.

Luo Wencheng was a little flustered for no reason, so when Lu Chong asked Zhou Yishan to send him back, he grabbed Lu Chong's hand almost without thinking: "Sir, I will go too."

With these words, not only Lu Chong was stunned, but Luo Wencheng himself also froze.

What was he talking about? Lu Chong had business to attend to, so what was he doing following him? He had always been very discreet, not asking Lu Chong about anything, and this was way out of line.

But it was probably that he hadn't completely calmed down, or he was still trapped in the reluctant imaginary parting of life and death, so he grabbed Lu Chong's hand, simply wayward, and didn't want to let go.

He even thought that it would be better to anger Lu Chong and let him pour a pot of cold water on him.

He resigned himself and waited for Lu Chong to show impatience and displeasure, but Lu Chong just looked down at the hand he had grabbed, the point where their body temperature was passing to each other, moved his lips, his eyes shifting back and forth a few times, and finally said, "Fine then, you come with me."

Luo Wencheng was stunned.

Zhou Yishan had a meaningful expression on his face.

Why did he feel that something didn't smell right between these two?

He knew very well that the thing in Beicheng was not a big deal. Luo Wencheng wanted to go along and it was not too out of line; it was not too strange that Master agreed to let him follow either. But why were the tone and eyes of the two of them so weird?

Sitting in the car, separated from Lu Chong by one person and unable to smell the fresh scent of grass and wood, Luo Wencheng really calmed down.

Why was he so impulsive just now?

What if Lu Chong got really angry?

He was thinking about it, and on the one hand, he thought he shouldn't be a demon, shouldn't break their current mode of getting along and live a good life together, wasn't it already good enough? On the other hand, he thought: are you really willing to spend the remaining half a year in this way? It's better to go all out, Lu Chong is so kind to you, so patient, maybe, maybe... he also has a bit of that kind of meaning?