Chapter 56

"Go back to Beijing." A cold, emotionless sentence came out of Lu Chong's mouth. He stopped looking at Lao Ding and bypassed him to go upstairs.

A look of surprise appeared in Lao Ding's eyes as he watched Lu Chong's back. He finally bowed his head and said, "Yes."

Lu Chong hesitated for a moment, then walked towards Luo Wencheng's room and opened the door. It was an extremely tidy room. The quilt on the bed was neatly spread, and there were no items on the bedside table or desktop. At first glance, it looked a bit like a hotel waiting for a guest to stay.

Lu Chong was taken aback, as if sensing something. He went to open the wardrobe. The clothes inside were neatly stacked, occupying only one compartment, as if to make it easy for people to collect them.

The bathroom was also clean; there was not a drop of water on the floor or countertop, the towels were folded up, and there were the cup, the toothbrush, toiletries and other items next to them, as if they were garbage to be taken away.

Lu Chong couldn't get back to his senses for a long time.

"Meow~" There was a delicate sound, and Ribs dragged her fat body in gracefully and glamorously, circling around the room. She didn't see the person she looked for, only the big cold man of the house.

"Meow!"

Ribs squatted at the door of the bathroom and yelled fiercely at the man inside, as if asking him for someone.

Lu Chong looked down at Ribs and after a while squatted down and touched her head: "He's gone."

"Meow!"

"He was going to leave." Lu Chong said in a daze, "He was going to leave in the morning."

Everything can be done once but not again. With his stubbornness and self-esteem, how could Luo Wencheng linger, bearing his attitude, pretending that nothing happened?

Lu Chong just didn't expect that the young man was so decisive and so straightforward. But even so, he still had to suffer humiliation for nothing before leaving.

"Meow!!" Ribs reached out to scratch him. Go after him, you stupid shit shovelling officer!

"You want me to go get him back? But I'm the one who forced him away."

"Meow..." Ribs tilted her head and looked at him for a while, then left sullenly, her fat belly rubbing against the floor. From behind it looked like a carpet with four legs sliding slowly, indescribably dejected.

Lu Chong had been restraining himself from thinking about Luo Wencheng all morning. He handled various documents from Beijing as usual, paying attention to the progress of the amusement park as usual, without showing the slightest sign of abnormality.

It was only at noon that Zhou Qian came to report, somewhat hesitantly, that Luo Wencheng had not gone to school at all.

Lu Chong thought that he had probably gone somewhere to take a walk or just in a daze.

He told himself not to worry about it, but still instructed Zhou Qian to go and look for Luo Wencheng.

He also quietly sent a few extra men to assist Zhou Qian.

After an hour, nothing was found.

After two hours, there was no news.

After three hours and four hours, there was still no news.

More and more people were sent out, but they didn't bring the slightest useful news. Finally, when it got dark, Lu Chong couldn't sit still. After thinking for a minute, he expanded his search to the entire Haining, all hotels, hostels, libraries, cinemas, shopping malls, and reached into the transportation system to thoroughly investigate the flights, trains and buses that left Haining today.