2. MATTEO

My grandmother looks so frail.

I don't know why people still listen to her.

I walk into the building. Me and dad look alike, and she picked up on that.

She gasps when she sees me and immediately, the men surrounding her raise their guns.

I hold my hands up in surrender. "Grandmother." I say in Chinese. "Lovely to meet you. Tell your men to lower their weapons, I'm not here to hurt you."

She's skeptical as she speaks to them slowly, but they lower the guns.

I bow as a sign of respect, and raise again. "Where's my aunt?"

"You look just like your father."

"Usually how genetics work." I take a step closer. "Where's Ashley?"

"She's on business in Italy with her father. Why are you here? Your father forgot about me the second he chose the whore-"

"Watch your mouth. That's my mother."

"Your mother is a slut."

"I will beat your ass woman, I do not care that you are old." I take a long stride forward.

Her men raise the guns at me again. "You shoot me, you know my papa, and Reign, are gonna come and murder you. One by one." I look at them all. "Put the damn guns down."

"Lower them." She says softly.

They lower them.

"Grandmother, let's go out for tea."

"I don't leave. What is your name?"

"Matteo." I frown. "Why can't you leave?"

"Your father paralysed me."

I bite back a smile.

"Tell your men to leave then."

With a single raise of the hand, they all leave.

I walk to where she was sitting.

"You look jsut like Asher did. How old are you?"

"20."

"So young."

I take the fetanyl from my pocket and inject the needle in. "Nice meeting you, i'll get Ashley to leave flowers on your grave." I lift her arm up.

She grabs my wrist.

I look into her eyes.

I have the exact same eyes as her, just like my father does as well.

"You smell like how Asher smelled when he went off the rails."

I grab her throat, "and you smell like shit."

She coughs. "Don't kill me, Matteo. Or at least, get help. My biggest regret is not getting Asher help."

"I don't need advice from you, nanna." I inject an insane amount in her arms.

She'll die within the next hour.

"They'll find and kill you." She croaks.

"Let them." I throw the contents in the trash and walk away.

I just want to sleep.

I walk past them all without a flutter and get in my car. I start driving.

I was on the road for 10 minutes before I noticed another car following me.

I take a different turn.

They turn too.

I take the main street, then turn off into a garage.