13. XENA

We didnt stay in China for long. Not only did Hamada's team manage to detain a lot of gangsters, a lot of women were saved and relocated, it's now officially interpols business.

I look at Matteo as he braids Ilaria's hair.

I can't believe i opened up, hooked up with him and then found out he sleeps with everyone he's worked with.

I don't hook up with people. I've had two boyfriends and they're the only men i've slept with.

Now him.

I look away once he catches me staring and look down at my phone, texting my ex.

Antonio and I didn't end on bad terms, just the distance made our relationship difficult. I know he's back from Mexico now and I need something.

My fingers did nothing for me last night.

I also hate how the agents plane needed some work done, so we all had to get onto the triplets plane. I have to face him.

We've barely even looked at each other, let alone spoke, now I'm stuck with him for 16 hours.

A flight attendant comes out and immediately goes to Matteo. He lists of some things and she walks away.

I'm watching him again. It's creepy.

I look down at my phone.

Antonio said he could meet me at the airport.

Yes.

Not that I would want to make Matteo jealous or anything.

I need to sleep.

I stand up, walking to the back where I know there's beds. I take the only unoccupied one and close my eyes, ready to sleep.

Only, I couldn't sleep. Because I couldn't get my mind off Matteo fucking Reign.

I groan, sitting up to find Romeo standing by the door. "You're a very annoying individual."

"So you've said."

"Get out of my bed."

I immediately arise from the bed, "sorry. Didn't know it was yours."

He just grunts, replacing me.

I leave that area quickly, going to the bathroom instead. I don't even use the bathroom. I look at my eye bags, my skin breaking out and more importantly, my oily hair.

My period is going to start soon.

I walk out, back to where I was normally sitting and find a tray of food in front of me. "What's this?" I ask one of the agents who had the same thing.

"Matteo ordered it for us all."

I look at him, only to find him flirting with the flight attendant.

You've got to be kidding me.

I'm pathetic. I'm jealous of a flight attendant and annoyed at my work partner.

What is wrong with em?

I start eating, not realising how hungry I am. I am all for trying different foods but Chinese cuisine isn't my favourite. A lot of it was seafood and I hate seafood.

When the flight attendant leaves, I glance at Matteo to see him taking a seat beside his sister, speaking in Italian about something. Ilaria looks over to me and smiles cheekily. That was enough for me to know that they were talking about me.

I look away and connect my phone to my airpods, playing my music loudly as I keep eating, pretending that I'm not paying attention even though every other second my eyes are landing on Matteo's.