63. MATTEO

I know Oleg is watching me again. I'm sitting at a cafe. I expected this. My men are in the kitchen and the only other person in this room is my aunt, Rosa.

When the door opens, the bell rings and Oleg walks in with three of his minions.

I continue to sip my coffee, staring out of the window.

This glass isn't bulletproof, I sat here because I wanted to be seen.

"You're a snake, Matteo." Oleg says.

"You're getting butt hurt over nothing, Oleg. Sit down and let us talk about this like men. No more of your minions need to die." I put my coffee down.

"You took the only thing that mattered to me." He seethes.

"You can find another."

"I don't want another. Where is Snow? That is all I want. You give me her and I will never step foot in this country again. Keep the boys. Just give me her." His voice was laced with anger.

I look at him. "I can't."

"She was mine."

"No. Forcing her against her will does not make her your property, Oleg. She is your victim. Sit down." I clear my throat.

"I will not stop until I have her. I did my research. I know her family. I know Xena."

"They're safe and away from you. Do your worst." I point to the seat. "Sit."

"I will not enjoy a coffee with you, Reign. Not after everything. You betrayed my trust."

"I had a job needing done and so I did it."

"You took my girl." He shouts.

"You stripped her from everything, Oleg. I will not apologise for saving her and every other girl I saved."

"I have started the war Matteo and the easiest way for it to all end is if you give me back Snow."

I shake my head. "Not happening."

"I will kill Xena. Your sister. Everyone apart from you. I will do it all in front of you."

If he gets close enough to the window. Romeo can shoot him.

"I will find amusement in you trying." I kick the chair out. "Sit down."

"I am not a fool, Matteo. I know your brother is waiting in the car opposite the road." He spits out.

"You came here willingly knowing you're surrounded?" I stand up. "Seems pretty foolish to me."

His chest raises. "This isn't over. You don't want a truce? Fine. I will get Snow back, and I will train Xena to be the same."

I smile. "I'll be waiting."

It's then that something shifts in him and he takes a step back. He recited a street name and number.

My heart skips a beat, but I keep my poker face straight and emotionless.

He knows where they are.

"That is my next target. And after that, it's every single Italian owned business."

"What makes you think they're under my protection?"

"I have connections in the FBI." He leaves the cafe.

A minute later I start to hear ticking. "Everybody, get out. Now!" I shout, and grab my aunt as I run across the road.

The building blows up.

All my men made it in time.

Romeo gets out of the car and glares at me. "My favourite cafe."

"Cry me a river, Romeo. He knows where Xena and Neves are." I call Dario, knowing he's the one stationed outside of the house.