7. XENA

Matteo was away for a while. Ilaria took these girls back to the house and out of her own pocket, she hired a team of doctors and nurses for the day.

These people are cold-blooded gangsters but draw the line at human trafficking. It blows my mind. It also makes me think I really need to rethink how I perceived gangsters.

Most of the men there at that sex club, they weren't gangsters. They were politicians, business owners, rich men with money to waste.

When Hamada's team arrested the men in the other room, one of his members pinned Matteo to the ground with force and bust his lip.

Then, while they were being held at the station, one of the newer officers of the police force wasn't informed Matteo was helping us, so he beat him to get 'answers' out of him.

Safe to say that man doesn't have a job anymore.

He's just sitting in the chair in the living room, his eyes focused in on a bottle of beer that one of the men offered him.

There was 15 girls saved tonight. Two of which were undercover for me. They have an extreme amount of trauma, but at the moment they're sleeping peacefully.

The other girl Matteo bought, she hasn't really spoke. She's standing under the doorframe looking at Matteo with a soft look on her face.

The doctors tried examining her but she didn't want anything.

I walk into the living room through the other door and take the cap off the bottle of beer for Matteo.

He sucks in a sharp breath.

I sit on the other armchair and he lifts the bottle up. He stares at the brim for a moment before pressing it to his lips.

He doesn't drink it though.

"There's some spare beds."

"Dads on his way to pick me up." He turns to look over his shoulder. His eyes meet the girl, and she takes a step forward.

He turns bacn to face me. "She's been staring at me for nearly an hour. Following me."

"Maybe you look like someone she knows."

He shakes his head no. "Do you not think she looks a little... healthy?"

I look at the girl. She is more filled out than the rest but that's about it.

"Not really."

He hums, leaving the bottle of beer on the table as he leans back in his seat.

Trixie, her name is. She walks up and sits on Matteo's lap, spreading her legs.

Poor guy didn't know what to do.

He pushes her off him, standing up quickly and looked somehow offended and confused at the same time.

I pick her up. "Come on, Trixie. Let's get you to bed."

She bites me.

Literally bites my arm and grabs Matteo's crotch.

He pushes her again. Then shouts for one of the guy workers he's made friends with.

Gerald walks in and looked confused. Trixie just keeps trying to touch Matteo.

"Take her away. Please. I don't wanna hurt her but I will if she touches me again."

I pull her away gently.

Her eyes widen when I touch her. "Master needs to be pleased. It's time for master-"

"No. No, not master." I don't even know how confusing it must be for some of these girls.