3. Help ⚠️

⚠️This chapter contains sensitive material, such as history of abuse, neglect, and trauma. Read with caution.⚠️
.
.
.
___________

Lan Xichen received Wei Wuxian's medical report and sat at his desk to look it over. His wife was relaxing in her day bed as she was feeling a bit under the weather due to her pregnancy. Lan Feng worried when she saw a concerned look on her husband's face.

"A'Huan, are you okay?" She asked.

Lan Xichen let out a sigh, "I am reading through Wei Wuxian's medical report from Healer Kai. According to his findings, Wei Wuxian has a dark history of abuse and neglect....even as far as castration which is illegal and Wei Wuxian didn't even know of consent to it," Lan Xichen explained.

"Why would anyone treat someone like that?" Lan Feng asked, "what would Wei Wuxian have to do?"

"Well, he has a long road ahead of him in terms of recovering. As for the abuse, Wei Wuxian's medical history here is enough to press charges. It would be even better if Wei Wuxian spoke of them himself but who knows if he'd be willing to do that. Especially in front of others for a trial," Lan Xichen told her.

"You should go speak with Wangji, he is probably feeling confused right now," Lan Feng suggested.

"You are sick," Xichen said, "I cannot just leave you here."

"Lan Huan, I am pregnant and dealing with fatigue and nausea. It is normal to feel this way. I will be okay for a few minutes while you go talk to your brother. He might need you right now," she told him, "I want to sleep for a bit anyway."

Lan Xichen nodded, "alright, I will be back shortly."

Lan Xichen then left and walked to his brother's house, the Jingshi. Wangji and Wuxian are there together after their first night of the wedding.

"Hey Didi," Xichen greeted as he entered. He noticed Wei Wuxian sleeping on the bed at the moment, "how is he?"

"Tired, the medicine that Healer Kai has him on makes him drowsy," Wangji told him, "I do not mind though, he needs it."

Lan Xichen sat down beside him, "how are you feeling?"

Lan Wangji sighed, "angry," he answered.

"Angry?" Lan Xichen asked, "not at Wei Wuxian I hope."

"No, not him...at the people who raised him," Wangji said, "first they abuse him, and when I ask him to learn the rules I found out he doesn't know how to read or write. He hasn't had a proper education and I'm trying to think of what I can do to help him."

Lan Xichen was yet again, taken by surprise, "not educated? I heard he has such great cultivation, yet he hasn't been taught basic skills?"

Wangji shook his head, "will you help me with trying to find materials to teach him? I want to ask Shufu but I don't know how."

"Want me to talk to him?" Xichen asked.

"If you want, I just want to help him," Wangji said, "I...didn't think I'd actually be so drawn to him."

Lan Xichen was surprised to hear this from his brother. Lan Wangji was never someone to talk about his feelings or what was on his mind. Especially without any prompting or prodding from Xichen. This was new and Lan Xichen knew that this was only the beginning of this new side to his brother.

"Sometimes, when the right person comes into our lives, it can change you," Xichen said, "try not to run from these feelings and learn to accept them, and explore them. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is listen to what your heart tells you, not your head."