78. Dilemma

Wangji and Wuxian had just woken up and were going to meet with Baoshan. It will be the first time since Wuxian had his heat so he and Wangji are bound to come out soon. Before they left the secluded house Wuxian wanted to talk to Wangji first.

"Lan Zhan, since Yina confirmed that I am pregnant, but I wont actually show that I am, I want to try and keep it away from the public for now. The more who know the more dangerous it could be. Not only for me but the baby as well. Plus this war with Wen Ruohan is still going and the last thing I want is to give them a weakness to use against us," Wuxian explained.

"You may not show physically but what about hormones?" Wangji asked.

"I can ask Yina," Wuxian replied.

The two were standing in the middle of the room and Wuxian was leaning against Wangji. His arms were wrapped around Wangji and his head rested on his shoulders. Wangji held him close, "is there anything else you wish to talk about? The others will be expecting us soon," Wangji questioned.

Wuxian shoved his face into Wangji's chest, "we can go in a moment, let me enjoy a little more time alone with you," Wuxian said, not even realizing that he was crying.

Wangji felt his robes were getting damp, "what's wrong?" Wangji asked.

"I am actually really happy right now," Wuxian said as he stood up properly and wrapped his arms around Wangji's neck, "we are going to have a baby."

Wangji smiled and pecked a kiss on his nose, "we are, we should at least tell our immediate family so they are aware," Wangji said.

"They may not let me fight at all if they knew," Wuxian said, "I have to ask, do you want me to fight?"

"I want you and our baby safe but with you as Yina, it will give us a big advantage. I think until we storm his palace, you should hold back," Wangji said, "it would give me a peace of mind."

Wuxian sighed, "that's the downside of this happening now. I respect what you say as your husband but I feel like I can't just sit around and do nothing."

"You will need a lot of your energy just nurturing yourself and the baby. Your fighting will drain you of that," Wangji said.

"Don't you have unlimited energy to share?" Wuxian questioned.

Wangji stared at him for a moment before responding, "we would have to train more for me to properly fight, send energy to you, and potentially protect you at any moment. I know you are a very strong fighter, Wei Ying but I just worry about what will happen," Wangji said.

"Maybe we should get Xichen-Ge's opinion, maybe even Wai Po's," Wuxian said.

"I know you mean well," Wangji said, "we will work this out."

"Just know, if you go out and fight and I can't, what do you think that will do to my sanity? The stress alone will be bad enough but to worry about you when I cannot be there with you? What if something happens to you?" Wuxian asked, "what will I do?"

Wangji just now realized the dilemma. Wuxian shouldn't fight but the stress of his worries would be just as bad. This is definitely something to think about, "let's talk with Wai Po and Xiongzhang."

Wuxian nodded as Wangji took his hand and led him out of the secluded house. The two were finally heading back to the public eye so they were not sure how this was going to go. The two only expected Baoshan and Yanli and Yanli would visit often, but Xichen was actually here as well, including his wife and Haiyue.

"Uncle!" Haiyue said running up to Wangji. Wangji smiled and picked her up to hug her, "you and Uncle Wei are finally back."

"We are, you are getting so big," Wangji said and set her down.

"Of course," She said with a giggle and then turned to hug Wuxian, "hi Uncle Wei."

"Hello cutie," Wuxian said pulling her into a hug and kissed her cheek, "I am hoping you haven't been giving your parents any trouble, have you?"

"No, I promise I am being good," she said and went to her father, "A'Die, I am a good girl, right?"

"Absolutely," Xichen said and then looked at his brother and Wuxian, "welcome back."

"Thanks Xiongzhang," Wangji said.

"Wai Po," Wuxian said and hugged her.

"How are you feeling?" Baoshan asked.

"I am very happy," Wuxian said and sat down with Wangji, "we will have to discuss some things."

"I'm guessing the...two weeks went alright?" Baoshan asked. Trying to keep the conversation kid friendly.

"It did," Wuxian replied.

"Baoshan, mind if I take Haiyue to the Peach tree grove?" Lan Feng asked.

"Of course," Baoshan said.

"I will go with her, just let me know everything later," Yanli said and left with Lan Feng and Haiyue so the others can talk.

"So what is going on?" Baoshan asked.

"We are having a bit of a dilemma," Wuxian said.

"How so?" Baoshan asked.

"Yina confirmed for me that the heat was successful and we are expecting a baby," Wuxian explained.

"Congratulations," Baoshan said, "what's the issue? Did you not want the baby?"

"No that's not it at all," Wuxian said, "it has to do with the war that's still going on. Lan Zhan thinks I should stay out of the fighting until we storm Wen Ruohan's palace and I can be Yina. As Yina, I am most protected from getting injured...but if I don't fight and Lan Zhan does, the stress will still be an issue because I'll be worrying about him all the time."

"I can see how it's a problem," Baoshan said and looked at Xichen, "I already have things set for when he has the child, as you should know it's not a normal child birth."

"Why?" Xichen asked.

"Yina said the egg takes up to four months to develop within my womb. After four months, I will transform into Yina and she will lay her egg. The remaining time the egg has to be in a specific environment and thoroughly looked after. It will take about five months before the egg hatches," Wuxian explained.

"There is a place set already for you here," Baoshan said, "I'm sure Yina told you."

"She did, she said you'd help us when the time comes," Wuxian said.

"I think unless we really need you both, so Wuxian doesn't worry, you two should be here. It will help keep you both sane," Xichen suggested, "the path to Wen Ruohan's palace is long and there are many obstacles we have to get through before we storm in. If it takes longer than four months, who's to say that you would be able to be there anyway?"

"Lan Zhan?" Wuxian questioned, "I will accept whatever you choose. I understand."

Lan Wangji knows that the sects can handle the smaller battles, "if I have to, I will help when they attack the palace. Otherwise it might be best I stick close to Wei Ying," Wangji said.

"Yina and Wuxian will both need you close by, closer than you think, actually," Baoshan said, "a pregnant woman is already hormonal, but a pregnant dragon, it's a whole new world."

Wangji nodded as he was unsure of how to respond to that. He was going to do everything he could to help Wuxian as he always had, "We do have one more request," Wangji said.

"Name it," Xichen said.

"You can tell Shufu and Lan Feng but we want to keep this information confidential for now. If people knew this and know that Wei Ying is a dragon, they will both be a potential target," Wangji said.

"That might be best," Xichen said, "do you wish to remain here or go to Gusu at all?"

"We can do both. We can check out the sect and help Shufu there if he needs it. Otherwise we will remain here with Baoshan," Wangji said and looked at Wuxian, "are you okay with that?"

Wuxian nodded, "I am...I should meet with Simao soon. Is there prenatal care that I need to deal with?"

"That you do," Baoshan said and left to go get him.