59. Home Bound

Even though they were to have a few more weeks of training, Wangji and Wuxian were actually away from Gusu for almost two years. Yanli has decided that she wanted to stay with Baoshan in Celestial Pass as she and Baoshan have taken a liking to each other's company. Baoshan actually took Yanli as another daughter, but Yanli calls her Wai Po like Wangji and Wuxian do.

Wangji and Wuxian have trained almost all they can with Baoshan and have learned so much about themselves. They were still learning about some abilities that have yet to be developed but they knew how to communicate with each other better to help each other out when learning and training.

Baoshan also gave Wuxian and Wangji a few things. She gave them dimension rings (Qiankun rings) so they could store whatever they wanted in them. She also gave them an orb that is like a portable training kit. They activate it with some spiritual energy and to deactivate it, they needed to clear out three stages or training. It was also randomized so anytime they use it they have different training scenarios. It was a good way to adapt and learn to expand the unexpected.

After getting a good nights rest, Wangji and Wuxian were both headed back to Cloud Recesses, "Lan Zhan, want to teleport or fly?" Wuxian asked.

"You want to fly as a dragon don't you?" Wangji asked.

"I want to see how much energy I use when I fly long distance," Wuxian said, "this is a good way to find out. I can shift back to my human form either just before the gates or at the training grounds. I don't really want to scare anyone...especially our little niece."

"That's right, she's a toddler now, so she is walking around now and talking," Wangji said, "we will be cautious when we get closer to home."

Wuxian nodded and smiled. He immediately turned into the dragon. Wuxian then bent his head down so Wangji could climb on. Wangji found a good spot just behind Wuxian's head, more to where his horns were. Wangji could actually hold onto Wuxian's horns for stability. Once Wangji was situated, Wuxian took off to the sky. It nearly freaking Wangji out at first because he is not used to flying at such a fast speed, but he got used to it quickly. Plus Wuxian did ease up on his speed once they were good in the air.

Wangji smiled and pet the back of Wuxian's head, "this is amazing," he said.

Wuxian let out a grunt in response. Wangji chuckled and then he began to check Wuxian's energy levels. He was surprised to see that little energy was used. Wangji had calculated that Wuxian would still be perfectly fine when they reached home. As Wangji was distracted by checking Wuxian's energy, he nearly jumped out of his skin when a loud roar came from Wuxian. Wuxian was fine but it was just a way to show he was happy.

Wangji let out a sigh and placed his hand over his chest, "that scared me," Wangji said.

Wuxian let out another grunt and soon found a way to communicate with Wangji through their bond using their mind link, "sorry," Wuxian said, "I didnt mean to scare you."

Wangji smiled and patted Wuxian's head, "it's alright love, you are doing just fine. I felt your energy is doing fine. How are you feeling?" He asked.

"I feel great," Wuxian replied, "I don't feel tired or fatigued. We are already halfway home. It took us days to find Celestial Pass. We could get home within a few hours. Maybe even in time for dinner."

Wangji smiled, "I see that, if you need to land at all, let me know. Otherwise we can keep going if you want."

"We can keep going," Wuxian said.

As suspected, it took just a few more hours before they reached home. They also decided to land in the training grounds. They, of course, drew a crowd their way but they didn't mind. Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren stared at the large black dragon with their mouths gaped. They didn't even notice Wangji at first until they saw him climb down from the dragon.

"Wangji, welcome back...but what is this about?" Xichen asked.

Wangji smiled, "this is Wei Ying."

Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen were now, even more surprised. They knew Wuxian had dragons blood, but they didn't actually expect to see him as a large dragon, "A'Xian?" Xichen asked.

Wuxian let out a soft grunt as he moved his head beside Wangji as Wangji was standing in front of his brother and uncle. Wangji placed his hand on Wuxian's face, "you can change back now, Love. I think they understand," Wangji said.

After a moment, the dragon soon turned into the human Wei Wuxian. It was amazing. Wuxian went from a large dragon to a normal sized human within seconds, "hello, I missed you both," Wuxian said happily.

Lan Xichen smiled, "welcome home A'Xian. It's good to see you back home with Wangji safely. Thanks for giving us such a wonderful opportunity to see your dragon."

"I'm sure there will be more opportunities," Wuxian said, "but now that we are home, we can go sit and talk for a bit if you want."

"Are you two tired from your trip?" Lan Qiren asked.

"No," Wuxian replied.

Wangji shook his head, "we are good. There are some things that we can do that we feel should be talked about more privately. We don't want people to know about all we can do but we don't mind sharing them with you two."

"Let's go back to the Yashi and we can talk. We can place a privacy ward over the room," Lan Qiren suggested.

"Okay," Wuxian said. He then turned to Xichen, "how is A'Feng and Haiyue?"

"They are both very healthy and doing well," Xichen said, "I can go get them if you want?"

"If they are busy then it isn't necessary," Wangji said, "we can visit them shortly."

"I will just go check with them," Lan Xichen said. Lan Qiren led the two to the Yashi while they waited for Xichen to return. He was curious about what Wangji and Wuxian can now do.