58. Teamwork

After a couple of days, Wuxian and Wangji decided to try the training simulation room again. This time, the two were more focused and communicating with each other. Wangji learned quickly on how to share energy with Wuxian mid-battle. During a portion of the training, Wuxian shifted to his dragon form. He needed to learn how to control his temper so he doesn't hurt anyone important to him.

So far, he was doing okay. Wangji had figured out that not only can he replenish Wuxian's energy, but it also helps soothe his mind and allowed him to focus while fighting. While they were training, Wuxian as a dragon of course had that fierce power deep in his gut.

Wei Wuxian was not the typical fire breathing dragon, but he had electricity. Strong and powerful volts used to take down dozens of enemies at a time. Wangji found it made sense as when they fought the demon fox, he had an electric ability. Wangji just found that it was more refined and controlled.

Another wave of elemental beings started after the two defeated two sets. This time, Wuxian added water and wind to the volts of electricity he carried. It did double to damage and it took down a lot of people in their path. Wuxian, even as a dragon, felt that he should only resort to being a dragon under extreme circumstances or if there was something wrong. Even just using his tail and striking people down with his claws was a bit much but it was still helpful.

Wuxian soon shifted back to his human form so he could talk with Wangji during a break they were having, "Lan Zhan, I think me being a dragon should be thought out properly. I don't want to use my dragon form if I do not need to. There is a lot of power there," Wuxian told him.

"I understand," Wangji said, "we can continue to work together through it. We are doing better this time around. Are you feeling tired or fatigued? Are you hurt or anything?"

"I am actually doing fine," Wuxian said, "Lan Zhan, I also had this thought that as a dragon, even though I'd be noticeable more often, I'm sure we can scope out locations better. Like for an upcoming battle, you can ride on my back and we can scope out the battle field to strategize better."

"That could be doable," Wangji said, "but we'd have to make sure you would be safe from projectiles like spears and arrows."

"Is my skin not think?" Wuxian asked.

"Can you shift again and I can get a thorough look at you?" He asked.

Wuxian smirked and shifted back to his dragon form. Wangji then started to look over Wuxian thoroughly. Baoshan soon entered as she knows the two are on a break so she wanted to see how they were doing.

"What are you looking for?" Baoshan asked Wangji.

"Wei Ying asked me to check out how thick his skin was. He suggested he could be a dragon and scope out locations from the sky but I asked if he'd have to worry about projectiles like spears and arrows," Wangji explained.

Baoshan smirked and summoned a dozen arrows and spears. Without a word or warning, she threw them all at Wuxian and none of them penetrated through his skin, "does that answer your question?" She asked.

"Does he have any weaknesses as a dragon?" Wangji asked.

"No, he is fully protected in his dragon form. He's safe from any whip, sword, spear, arrow and any other weapon you can think of. His weakness is his temper. Say if something happened to you and you go severely injured, it would cloud his mind immediately out of anger in wanted to get vengeance on whoever hurt you or even a loved one," Baoshan explained, "his human form of course, is a bit more prone to being stabbed or struck by an arrow as he isn't so think skinned by scales."

Wangji nodded, "I understand," he said and looked at Wuxian, "as long as we can work together and figure things out."

"As I was watching you through my simulation mirror, I saw that you both were doing a lot better this time," Baoshan pointed out, "better communication and understanding, learning to read each other more effectively as well, and even just having confidence in yourself is greatly improved. You two are doing very well. I'd say a few more weeks of training and you'd be safe to go back to Gusu."

Wuxian shifted back to his human form, "if that's the case, would I still be able to visit?"

"Of course, not only are you able to fly much faster as a dragon, you can teleport with your immortality. As long as you have been to the location or destination once, you can teleport there anytime you want. Celestial pass will always be your home, A'Ying and you will be announced to everyone that you are my heir. As Wangji is your husband, he will one day run this place with you. You are also a dragon and immortal. If anyone gives you any disrespect, you have a right to tell them off," Baoshan said.

"Will you be there for the trial against the Jiang Sect?" Wuxian asked, "has Shijie decided on what she wants to do?"

"I have been training with her and helping learn some things. She is determined to help you with your trial against her parents. All the evidence is gathered and I will be there to see the trial through," Baoshan said.

"Alright," Wuxian said.

"I know you two are on break but you both did well today. I think you can call it a day and get back to it in the morning," Baoshan told them.

"Thanks Wai Po," Wuxian said.

Wangji nodded and left the training room with Wuxian. The two wanted to spend some time outside. As it has been some time, they decided to write a letter to Lan Xichen to let them know how they were doing. Wangji and Wuxian decided to keep the dragon part a secret until they return home to Cloud Recesses. Wuxian was wanting to actually show off a little bit to his family at Gusu. Wangji would have argued against showing off a long time ago, but when it comes to his husband and following rules, it was just nearly impossible to punish him for that. Wangji just wanted Wuxian to be as he is, happy, carefree, and lively. He also felt that Wuxian deserved to show off for once.