43. Xiaoru's Mission

Xiaoru was on a mission. He was on his way to Lotus Pier and he was to find Jiang Yanli. He was in his magpie form and flew all the way to Yunmeng only to find that Yanli was locked in her room. Xiaoru was angry and wanted to know why. He turned to his human form and stood before the guards at the gate and showed his token which let the guards know he was of higher authority. One of the guards went to go get Sect Leader Jiang.

"Hello, young master," Sect Leader Jiang greeted after Xiaoru was let in, "I was told you have a token of importance."

Xiaoru showed the token, "I am here on behalf of my Shifu, and I am asked to bring Young Maiden Jiang Yanli to meet her at Celestial Pass. You know who this token belongs to right?"

Sect Leader Jiang paled at the sight of the token. It was one that he recognized and knew it was similar to the one Wei Wuxian had on him when he first arrived in Lotus Pier. Seeing the token again, he realized there could possibly be a reaping of some sort coming to Lotus Pier. He then asked a disciple to get Jiang Yanli as to not keep Xiaoru waiting.

"Why does your Shifu want to meet with her?" Sect Leader Jiang asked.

"To train her," Xiaoru replied.

"Excuse me, but who are you?" The Madame of Lotus Pier called out.

"My Lady, this is a disciple of Baoshan Sanren's and he is here to help our daughter," Sect Leader Jiang told her.

"Why would that Celestial Bitch want to help my child?" Madam Yu asked, "and why just one, not both?"

"I am only following orders," Xiaoru replied, "and I would be very careful with what you say. Our conversations are being recorded by her as we speak. She is known for holding grudges and will come after you if she finds out you insulted her in any way."

"How do I know this token isn't fake?" She asked.

"It's real," Xiaoru replied, "and if you keep this up, you will find out how real it really is. I am being polite, is this how a large sect treats their guests? I'd hate to know how your disciples are treated."

"You better bring our daughter back in one piece," Madam Yu demanded.

"That depends on you," Xiaoru said as Yanli was escorted to the three.

"What is it, Father?" Yanli asked. Xiaoru noticed that Yanli had dark circles under her eyes and looked a bit underweight. Aside from the dark circles, her eyes were bloodshot from crying.

"Oh this is a disciple of Baoshan Sanren's. Baoshan wishes to have you meet with her and train you," Sect Leader Jiang told her.

"Okay, do I need to gather my things?" Yanli asked.

"My Shifu will have things for you if you wish to leave everything here," Xiaoru told her.

"Very well," Yanli said.

Madam Yu was still angry that it was just one child over the other but Xiaoru didn't want to say to her that her son was not worthy of Baoshan's time. She would just tell Madam Yu herself when the trial for Wei Wuxian comes up.

"Alright, I'm sure I will see you two again," Xiaoru said and held out his arm, "I won't harm you, just take my arm. It's okay."

Yanli nodded and held onto Xiaoru's arm. In a flash, Xiaoru teleported back to Celestial Pass. Xiaoru was just outside the room where Baoshan was with Wangji, Xichen, and Wuxian. Xiaoru led her inside and saw that they had finished watching the memories.

"Xiaoru, you returned safely," Baoshan said as she stood up.

"You will not like some of the words that woman said," Xiaoru said.

"I am aware," Baoshan said and walked over to Yanli, "my dear, you look so exhausted. My name is Baoshan Sanren and I am Wei Wuxian's biological grandmother. I am wanting to thank you for being there for my grandson when he needed someone. I wanted to give back by helping you with your cultivation if you so desire."

"I'd like that...but my parents have just disowned me not long ago and canceled my engagement with my now ex-fiancé. I was locked in my room before your disciple took me away," Yanli explained. She was almost in tears.

"Why?" Baoshan asked.

"They found out from some of the sect elders and the healers at the infirmary that I helped A'Xian. They didn't like that I helped them. A'Xian has helped me with my cultivation a lot as it is and they locked me up to keep me away from him. I was denounced as the maiden of Lotus Pier," Yanli explained.

"Shijie," Wuxian said walking over to her, "Xifeng Furen."

"A'Xian?" She questioned, "you're here too?"

Wuxian nodded, "I'm sure there is a lot we have to talk about, but you look like you need food and some sleep."

Yanli nodded and hugged her Shidi, "I missed you so much," she said.

"I missed you too," Wuxian said, "Lan Zhan and Xichen-Ge are also here."

Yanli pulled away from the hug, "what is this place?"

"This is where I was born," Wuxian answered, "we can talk more about it while you eat...Wai Po, should Sun Simiao take a look at her?"

"Yes of course," she replied, "I will go make her something to eat while you bring her to Simiao."

"Okay," Wuxian said, "Lan Zhan, do you wish to come or are you staying with your brother?"

"Xiongzhang and I can help Baoshan with the food. You can have some alone time with your Shijie," Wangji said.

Wuxian went over and placed a kiss on his cheek, "okay, I will see you soon then?"

"Mnn," Wangji nodded. Wuxian then left with Yanli and took her to the infirmary, all the while telling her about Celestial Pass and the memories that have come back to him. Yanli was surprised to hear all this but she was happy that Wuxian found his way back home. Wuxian was going to make sure Yanli also got justice as her parents were not that kind to her.