5. Welcome

Wei Wuxian was doing better at fitting in with Wangji. Wangji made sure that Wuxian was always comfortable and helped him with whatever he needed. As he was roaming around the sect, he came across a woman who looked pregnant. She looked as if she was close to the end of her pregnancy.

"Hello," Wei Wuxian greeted, "do you need help?"

The woman smiled, "you must be Wangji's new partner, Wei Wuxian right?"

"I am, you can call me A'Xian if you like, what's your name?" Wuxian asked.

"I am Jin Feng, Zewu Jun's wife," she replied, "I was just wondering around for some fresh air. Mind walking me back to the Hanshi to keep me company?"

"Sure," Wuxian said, "How far along are you?"

"Seven months," she replied, "do you ever want kids?"

"It would be nice, but I am trying to heal from some things first," Wuxian said.

"I heard from my husband about you, I am sorry you went through all that," she said.

Wei Wuxian shook his head and changed the subject, "Which sect did you come from?" Wuxian asked.

"I was originally Jin Feng, from the Lanling Jin Sect. I was one of the elder's daughters and they thought an alliance with the Gusu Lan sect would be good. I have to say, I got lucky. Xichen and I have grown to love each other. He's a kind man. He cares a lot about his brother," Jin Feng said, "you came from Yunmeng?"

"I have, but before that I lived with my parents before they died. They were rogue cultivators," Wuxian said, "but the alliance with the Jiang sect was a nice business deal anyway."

"It put you in a safe environment," Jin Feng said, "you have yet to meet Xichen?"

"I met him once or twice," Wuxian said as they arrived to the Hanshi, "is this you?"

"This is me," she said, "would you like to come in and have some tea? Zewu Jun should also be in."

"Ugh, sure," Wuxian replied. Wei Wuxian then followed Lan Feng inside. Not only was Lan Xichen in, but Lan Wangji was here as well.

"Look who I ran into in my walk," Jin Feng said.

"Hello Wei Ying," Wangji greeted with a smile.

Wei Wuxian smiled, "hi."

Wangji pulled Wuxian over to sit with him, "don't be shy. No one will hurt you here. You remember my brother right?"

"Hello Zewu Jun," Wuxian greeted.

"Hello, Wuxian," he said, "you can call me Xichen-Ge if you feel comfortable with it."

"Really?" Wuxian asked.

"Of course, you are my brother-in-law," Xichen said.

"Okay," Wuxian replied, "hope I am not interfering with your work."

"No, we were just talking about the sect," Wangji assured him, "where did you meet A'Feng?"

"I was walking around for a while and I found her near the gardens," Wuxian replied, "I walked back here with her to keep her company. She's nice."

"We are doing what we can to make you feel welcome here," Xichen said.

"I honestly feel more welcome here then I have anywhere else. I do not feel like I am walking on glass here. I worry I might do something wrong and I will get kicked out. I do not want to disappoint you for taking me in," Wuxian said and looked at his hands on his lap.

"Wei Ying?" Wangji asked. Wuxian looked at him, "you are welcome here. You are safe here. You will not and have not disappointed me or anyone here. You are kind and caring. You are smart and you don't ask for anything in return. You have a home here in Cloud Recesses and with me."

Wei Wuxian nodded, "thank you."

Lan Xichen was impressed. Lan Wangji was someone who said would not get involved with anyone. He would not meddle with anyone's lives or business. When it came to Wei Wuxian, it's like a flip had switched and Wangji became protective of this man beside him.

"Wangji is right, you belong here, and if you want, you can be more involved. Wangji told me you like archery and have taught disciples in Yunmeng. We are actually in need of another archery instructor for the younger generation if you'd like to take part in that," Xichen offered.

"Really? I have always thought of the idea of teaching children one day. I needed to be taught first but I like seeing the looks kids have when they achieve something for the first time," Wuxian said.

"Well, I can set it up for you, and I will run it by Shufu as well," Xichen said, "I'm also told you like talismans and charms?"

Wuxian nodded, "I do but I do not want to do them here. I don't want to hurt anyone as it can be dangerous to make them."

"We can come up with something for you, maybe make a personal space for you to work, or make an add-on to the Jingshi, it's something you and Wangji can discuss," Xichen said.

Wuxian nodded, "okay," he said and yawned.

"Are you tired?" Wangji asked.

"The medicine I take makes me feel drowsy but I am fine," Wuxian said.

"I will walk you back home," Wangji said helping him stand, "we will see you two later."

"Alright, feel free to stop by again Wuxian," Jin Feng said.

Wuxian nodded and said goodbye to them. He then left with Wangji and went back to the Jingshi with him. Wangji helped him relax in bed and he was soon asleep after only a couple minutes. Lan Wangji was happy he had someone like Wuxian in his life. He was determined to get Wuxian comfortable around him. He was glad that Wuxian was getting more comfortable in Gusu as well. Letting him teach disciples was a good first step.