68. Sentence

When Wuxian and Wangji returned, the elders, the Lans, and Baoshan were talking about something in the furthest corner of the room. Jiang Wanyin, Jiang Fengmian, and Yu Ziyuan were bound by a rope that was used to keep cultivators from using not only their abilities, but also the robes does not break so the only way to removed is for the person who tied them up to let them go. Otherwise, they cannot be freed. Jiang Yanli had her fan in one hand and her whip out in the other. She was making sure the Jiang's don't do anything stupid.

"Wai Po," Wuxian said.

Baoshan smiled at him, "are you feeling better?" She asked.

Wuxian nodded, "I apologize for my lack of control."

"Nonsense," she said, "I honestly didn't mind you doing what you did."

Wuxian giggled, "alright...what are you talking about now?"

"There sentencing," Baoshan said, "it had been decided that they will all lose their golden cores, and stripped of their titles. As for Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan, they will be held in one of my dungeon cells back at Celestial Pass. They will remain there until their death. As for Jiang Wanyin, we said that they would lose their golden core but he will have his permanently sealed until Jiang Yanli deems him fit to have it unsealed. Jiang Yanli is the new Sect Leader of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect."

Wuxian smiled, "I am okay with all this," he said, "and I am glad my A'Jie finally has the opportunity to lead the sect properly."

"Alright," Baoshan said and turned to the others, "he agreed to the sentences."

"Then we will proceed with removing their cores and sealing Jiang Wanyin's. It will then be up to you on the rest," An elder said.

"Alright," Baoshan said.

It was Baoshan who removed the cores and sealed Jiang Wanyin's core. Once it was done, she helped Yanli and the other members look over the sect to make any changes. The wards needed updating as there was an impending war that may break out soon. The Wen Sect is believed to have soldiers targeting smaller clans first to expand their territory.

Baoshan was to stay with Yanli for a while to help her adjust to leading a sect. As for the Lans, they felt they were no longer needed and flew back to Gusu. Wuxian flew with Wangji on his sword as he didn't want to fly on his own. He wanted to hide his dragon from the public until he felt he couldn't hide it anymore. It was a secret weapon that will be of use if the Wen Sect start to fight.

When they returned to Cloud Recesses, Wei Wuxian sat outside the backyard of the Jingshi. There he was surrounded by dozens of white fluffy rabbits. The cute little fuzz balls were giving him a sense of relief that he needed. It's been a stressful time as of late and Wuxian needed a breather. Knowing that the Wen Sect could come knocking at their doors at any moment, it only made it harder to breathe.

The Wen Sect was going to be an issue for the Lan Sect. As it was at first allied with the Wens through an arranged marriage, that marriage didn't hold out. It was the Wen Sect to blame but who is to say that they won't put the blame on the Lan Sect. Lan Wangji did his duty and married but he didn't get close to the woman. Once they broke their marriage, the ties between the two sects have broken.

Now that Wangji was married to Wuxian, the Wen Sect has a target if they wanted revenge. Wangji knew that it was almost impossible for anyone to kill him or Wuxian, but that did not mean they were invincible or immune to pain or getting hurt. Just the thought of Wuxian getting hurt made Wangji see red. It was the same for Wuxian, that if Wangji got hurt, Wuxian would blow up an entire sect for it.

Lan Wangji was standing on the just outside the door to the backyard. He watched Wuxian pet the rabbits and feed them lettuce and radishes. He couldn't help but smile as he watched his husband. Wangji never thought he'd have someone like Wuxian in his life. After his first failed marriage, he had been given the notion that marriage was nothing but pain and suffering. Now that he has Wuxian, he can see the joys of marriage.

Thinking back, Wangji could remember the first time he looked into his husband's eyes. He saw a broken figure but he also saw the most beautiful set of silver he had ever laid eyes on. Even now that Wuxian was no longer that broken figure, those silver eyes glimmered happily.

He remembered getting Wuxian to trust him and it didn't actually take long for that. Wuxian had little to no trust in anyone and lacked self-confidence. With a lot of tender love and care, Wuxian had become the most amazing person in Wangji's life. He even thought back to the moment Wuxian was comfortable enough to finally consummate their marriage. Wuxian let himself really reveal himself and become vulnerable just for that intimate moment. Wangji wouldn't trade it for anything.

As Wangji stood there, Wuxian would occasionally glance over at him. He'd smile and flash his cute bunny teeth. Lan Wangji couldn't just stand off to the side anymore and he moved to sit with Wuxian. Wuxian leaned against him as he felt more relaxed with Wangji right next to him.

"They are pretty lively today," Wuxian said.

"They are a rowdy bunch today, huh," Wangji agreed, "seems to mate you so well."

Wuxian giggled, "I am not rowdy, but I am playful."

"That you are," Wangji said and with one quick move, Wangji pinned Wuxian underneath him, "very playful and mischievous indeed."

Wuxian laughed as he wrapped his arms around Wangji's neck, "I love you."

"I love you too," Wangji said.